Reactor Core Physics Student/Co-op
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
We are seeking a Reactor Core Physics Co-op Student for a 4 or 8 month term to work in our Reactor Core Physics department at our Mississauga office.
- Perform technical analyses of reactor core physics and computer programming under the guidance of Reactor Core Physics staff
- Utilise computer tools such as Microsoft Excel and Industry Computer codes such as WIMS, DRAGON, RFSP, and MCNP to support assessments
- Currently enrolled in a University program with the completion of third year Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computational Physics, Applied Physics courses or similar with good performance in Mathematics and Physics courses
- Knowledge of basic Nuclear Physics concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of computer programming
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, willing to take on a technical challenge with keen attention to detail, self- checking, and regulation
- Ability to get security clearance
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.