SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Job Description Summary:
This position will support our Nuclear Business Unit and will be based out of the Mississauga office. It manages the full-cycle of the recruitment process and is responsible to assist Hiring Managers in selecting top talent for the organization. The positions works closely with the HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders as required.
• Manage full-cycle recruitment process while maintaining all compliance requirements.
• Understand the business to effectively execute sourcing, recruitment and selection, to support business hiring needs.
• Assess recruitment needs of the functional managers by developing strong relationships and acting as their business partner.
• Continually educate hiring community of recruitment and HR processes while demonstrating the value of working within the recruitment framework allowing for maximum efficiency.
• Ensure recruitment processes and procedures support the business objectives. Advise innovative solutions to meet ever changing needs of the clients.
• Effectively understand personnel requisitions to ensure attraction of appropriate talent. Provide technical expertise and sound business acumen by sharing market intelligence.
• Implement effective and innovative techniques for identifying new talent including: internet searches, social media, talent campaigns, referrals, cold-calling and networking.
• Continually develop specialized candidate pools by studying competitor trends.
• Utilize candidate pipelines to maintain up to date talent pools and maximize the efficiency and timeliness of the recruitment process.
• Attend career fairs and industry events to remain abreast of market changes and network effectively.
• Ensure the internal applicant system and tools are effectively utilized to track daily recruitment activity and document hiring manager and candidate contact.
• Responsible for achieving established yearly objectives and performance metrics.
• Work closely with vendors wherever required ensuring timely and clear communication.
• Define and implement process improvements to enhance the recruitment process.
• Participate in weekly recruitment meetings.
• Take lead in generating awareness about SNC-Lavalin in the market via social media, networking and other innovative methods.
• Work remotely with the business and recruitment team.
• Manage high volume of requisitions and changing priorities.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience as a full cycle recruiter in a corporate setting or mixed agency/in-house recruiting experience
• Experience working in a project-oriented Engineering & Construction environment is desirable.
• A University degree in Human Resources or related area of study is a preference.
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with a focus on delivering value added client experience.
• Proven ability in attracting new talent and managing candidate pipelines.
• Previous experience working within fast-paced, dynamic, direct recruit methods and complex hiring processes.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proven ability in managing candidate campaigns, cold calling, networking, company representation at networking functions and events
• Previous experience with LinkedIn Recruiter.
• Excellent computer and systems skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Office Software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills in English - French / Spanish an asset.
• Self-starter and able to work in a team environment or independently as required.
• Ability to deal with competing priorities and be able to manage time appropriately.
• A person who is a quick processor and brings a positive and high-energy approach to getting things done.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.