Recruitment Partner - Energy Sector
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
SNC-Lavalin – and its Atkins Energy business combines decades of expertise in Clean power, Nuclear and Oil and Gas to deliver lifecycle solutions in an evolving sector. Atkins have been operating in the UK nuclear sector for over 50 years and with over 100 years' experience in oil and gas sector, Working within our Energy business, you will be working with projects of national and international significance, at the forefront of the addressing modern energy needs. As digital technologies become increasingly integrated into our work, we’re routinely building and using intelligent networks and cyber security systems to make plants more secure and run more efficiently. We are currently in a period of high growth .This is dependent on us delivering ambitious recruitment targets making this an exciting time to be joining as our Recruitment Partner.
The Recruitment Partner will assist the Divisional HR Business Partner with the delivery of the HR / People Strategy. You will be supported by an off-shore team that is accountable to the division with responsibility for delivering the resourcing requirements in a timely, cost effective, and efficient manner. Your personal capability and credibility will be key in how the Resourcing Centre of Expertise will be viewed by the business.
Job location: The role can be based in Bristol, Birmingham or London however preference is Bristol. Travel is required as part of the role and ideally 2 days per week to be in Bristol.
- Create credible relationships with key business stakeholders by gaining an understanding of business requirements- translating this into recruitment strategy, managing hiring managers’ expectations, challenging thinking and providing specialist recruitment expertise and guidance to translate the strategy into recruitment plans that you and your team will deliver.
- Actively look for opportunities that will maximise diversity of new hires joining the division. Identify new attraction methods that will expand our pool of potential candidates
- Direct and influence the team in the HR Centre to deliver the Recruitment operating model. You will support the ongoing development of the team by supporting their technical and personal development, to deliver recruitment in a timely and efficient way
- Manage delivery of service in line with business priority and budgets
- Utilise Atkins RMS to record requirements, assess progress and provide business updates including monthly and quarterly report for Business Partner and further develop, monitor and report on meaningful Management Information to inform current progress against plan
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities with cost-effective solutions that deliver effective recruitment services and value for money to Atkins
- Create and maintain strong relationships with HR Business Partner both in your division and with the wider HR community, ensuring that you are seen as SME within recruitment and providing sound technical knowledge to your division.
- Support the Head of Recruitment in deploying best practice in your division by ensuring recruiters and hiring managers apply best practice assessment, interview and selection methods including, but not limited to, accountability for legal compliance, minimising risks and striving for achievement of diversity aspirations
- Build strong relationships with other divisional Recruitment Partners to share knowledge and work together effectively
- Develop an understanding of the diverse employee stakeholder group within Atkins, adapting service delivery when appropriate, whilst ensuring compliance to recruitment processes and policies
Recruitment leadership expertise demonstrating the following essential capabilities: -
- Strong evidence of recruitment expertise covering both attraction and selection of candidates
- Proven experience in customer relationship management and account management
- Experience of working with an off shored shared service environment
- Ability to translate resourcing strategy into recruitment action plans
- Demonstrable skills in gathering and shaping resource requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant employment and related legislation
- Demonstrable skills in planning and organizing
- Experience in team leadership, delegating and managing performance
- Experience of driving continuous improvement
- Strong evidence of commercial awareness
- Experience of delivering D&I recruitment initiatives
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and trust with key stakeholders
- Ability to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations
- Strong analytic ability in reviewing data and reports
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels in the Organisation
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong leadership – especially leading by example
- Excellent influencing skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- A true role model who practices and demonstrates the HR recognised behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A curious nature
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.