Regional BIM Manager (Building Services)
MEP Building Services BIM Manager (Regional)
Atkins Building Services Practice are looking to appoint a Regional BIM Manager to help progress our BIM adoption and provide strategic and technical leadership, capability and BIM support to our project teams across our South West region.
This key post will be based from our Bristol office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem -solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for Mechanical & Electrical Building Services Engineering and BIM and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead, then we would like to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced BIM Manager to work within an internationally renowned Engineering Practice, providing the opportunity to work on large scale multidisciplinary projects. You should have the ability to work, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
Strategy & standards:
As part of the MEP Building Services BIM leadership team:
- Together with the MEP BIM Leadership Team, help implement the National Building Design BIM Strategy and identify areas for further development
- Support the MEP Building Services South West region in successful delivery of Industry Standards such as ISO 19650 or legacy BIM Level 2 Projects.
- Together with MEP Building Services BIM leadership team review and update task workflows to ensure efficient and effective ways of working as well as testing new ways of working
- Coordinate template management/updates for Revit as well as other BIM and Digital Engineering tools
- Work alongside regional management team and MEP Building Services BIM leadership team to ensure BIM and Digital strategy is aligned to business objectives including, but not limited to, assessing skills/resource capacity and gaps and data management and security.
- Support bid submissions in relation to BIM delivery and support regional team to develop wider capability in completing high quality bid submissions.
- Together with BIM Leadership team to implement the national strategy for upskilling staff within BIM and Digital Engineering processes, policies, and technology (general and project specific training) within the region.
- Identify emerging skill gaps and help deliver training as necessary to meet project deliver expectations, in line with the National Building Design BIM Strategy training plan.
As Regional BIM Manager:
As part of the MEP Building Services SW Region:
- Work with Project Managers, Technical Leads and other key project stakeholders as appropriate to provide strategic and technical BIM leadership and develop the BIM Execution Plan. The primary focus will be to identify Atkins and Client project BIM objectives, determine the processes, procedures and systems to meet the agreed BIM objectives.
- Work with the IT Team to implement the agreed IT infrastructure to deliver the project. This may include facilitating the IT infrastructure for collaboration e.g. via the Common Data Environment (CDE). It will also include determining and configuring the relevant software tools to deliver the project BIM goals and uses e.g. model authoring and checking tools considering all interoperability issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Teams and Technical Leads to agree the spatial sub-division of the project which subsequently informs the development of the schedule of model deliverables e.g. via a Task Information Delivery Plan (TIDP).
- Ensure project information is stored in a controlled, secure and logical manner so it is easily accessed and understood by the project team.
- Facilitate the model infrastructure to support regular design coordination meetings scheduled to address design coordination issues and help manage the Project Teams to effectively resolve associated clashes.
- Assure information model management and compliance following project CAD/BIM Standards, processes, template, content libraries and promotes and share best practice for the information production efficiency and quality.
- Ensure the CDE processes are followed and supported by appropriate systems to ensure information is properly checked, reviewed, approved and authorised as it moves between the different steps of WIP, Shared, Published and Archived.
- Assure Information Model Security by working with relevant parties (e.g. QSSE, Group IS) to identify & mitigate risks. This involves access rights, business continuity, disaster recovery ensuring consistent and acceptable access and performance by the right people to the right data at the right time.
- Stay aware of the digital tools available for engineering and model management, ensuring that project teams are using the most appropriate toolsets to drive automation and efficiency.
- Production experience in design and/or drafting within an MEP Building Services practice
- In-depth knowledge of UK BIM Level 2 requirements and beyond
- In-depth experience of Autodesk products specifically Revit and Navisworks.
- In-depth experience of utilising Common Data Environments to support project delivery
- Good knowledge of Information Management processes and standards
- Good knowledge of Asset Management standards
- Good knowledge of digital tools (e.g. software) within the architectural/ construction industry
- Experience of utilising automation process to improve efficiency (e.g. use of scripting platforms such as Dynamo and/or Grasshopper)
- Confident leading and working as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
- Driven to pursue continued education in BIM and connect with wider internal and external industry community.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.