Regional Director- Head of Cost Management
Faithful+Gould is part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, the largest multi-disciplinary consultant in the UK. We are an international company with a great reputation for delivering construction projects and consultancy services to clients worldwide.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Head of Cost Management with strong and proven infrastructure experience, notably for Rail projects, to take a lead position in our Infrastructure team. The individual will play a key role in supporting the growth of our team through delivering and winning work with existing clients, including a major Rail client, and growing our portfolio.
This role will be based out of Faithful+Gould’s Birmingham or London office. However, it will require flexibility on being office or client / site-based.
Role and Responsibilities:
As Head of Cost Management you will lead Cost Management teams in delivering a major railway project. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement effective lean pre and post Cost Management processes and procedures aimed at maintaining effective budgetary control.
- Support the development and maintenance of client’s standards and resources (e.g. benchmarking databases) for all cost and related controls services to ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making
- Lead the Cost Management teams, setting objectives, reviewing performance and selection/promotion decisions to ensure that staff have the skills / understanding to deliver team objectives
- Recruit and train staff in the necessary skills to carry out the Cost Management function as required
- Agree with the Project Controls Director a clear set of Cost Management policies and procedures that are appropriate to the work being delivered and to ensure that the teams implement and adhere to these
- Support the pre contract interface with the procurement teams
- Act as the principal channel for formal reviews of the Cost and Risk Management outputs on a monthly reporting cycle
- Facilitate the delivery of ad hoc cost and contract advice when needed
- Support the Programme Controls Director in delivering market and strategy insights to the client’s commercial teams
- Relevant qualification and experience in leading Cost Management teams in major projects
- Large infrastructure experience preferred
- Experience in Programme Management with extensive contract, commercial and risk allocation skills
- Experience of specifying, procuring and implementing an effective Cost Management and reporting system that is aligned to business requirements
- Ability to strategically influence and negotiate with stakeholders on sensitive issues
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your
work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Join a company who are as committed to diversity as to excellence. Click to apply.