This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project, cost management and building surveying consultancies operating at the forefront of the industry across a wide range of sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to fulfil your career aspirations.
Faithful+Gould is looking for an ambitious Regional Director – Project Management to join our highly successful team in the Newcastle office to help deliver the business plan and take the office into its next period of sustained growth.
Based in Newcastle and reporting to the Director responsible for the office, you will help set the agenda and the business plan for the office and in the stewardship of its delivery. This will involve managing and planning resources, leading innovation, setting quality and fostering a collaborative, professional and positive working environment. This role will also involve significant local business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region.
Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £100m+ and are with a variety of high-profile clients giving our RD a diverse and exciting workload. We are however ideally looking for someone who has experience within the Education, Property and Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, collaborative and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- Ideally a Member/Fellow of RICS/APM or similar qualification.
- Knowledge of the industry in the North East region with a recognised profile across the region.
- Interaction with the wider North & Ireland Region Project Management business.
- Proven experience in a senior level role.
- Experience in a range of sectors including Infrastructure, Higher Education, Healthcare, Residential and Industry.
- Experience working in a large consultancy or client organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of our competitors understand our market differentiators and help to shape them.
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions.
- Possess confident business development skills, understand the external market and forward workload in the Yorkshire region.
- Proven track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Extensive experience in preparing bids and tendering.
- Proven team management skills and experience.
- Expert understanding and ability to advise clients' knowledgably of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the wider Faithful+Gould business outside your own role, and detailed knowledge of the national service/sector you support and being recognised as an expert in this field both internally and externally.
- Ability to prepare and critically review written communications to a high standard.
- Complete familiarity and effective use of the organisations (company) Policies, systems and processes.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Undertake aspects of operational management, including resources and workload planning, financial performance, quality assurance and business development.
- Support to the office Director in defining the business plan for the office in line with the overall business objectives and manage the delivery of the plan, be accountable for aspects of the plan achievement.
- Set and maintain service quality standards and culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise.
- Be responsible for account management and customer care for office clients.
- Liaise with marketing to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
- Influencing and assisting in strategic decision-making within the Newcastle office as required and balancing of resources with workload.
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage.
- Liaising with graduate recruitment, APC programmes, and staff development.
- Ability to win repeat work but also to develop relationships with new clients to successfully achieve new business.
- Appreciation of client's business drivers and commercial interests.
- Possess confident business development skills, understanding of the external market and forward workload in your region and national sector/service.
- Possess a network of contacts and build up several key relationships across a range of sectors.
- Membership of a national team/forum to promote Faithful+Gould's reputation and knowledge, and visible internal personal profile.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively financially manage a team delivering a number of projects.
- Knowledge of the financial management system for projects and a track record in delivering regular, consistent successful results.
- In-depth understanding of Faithful+Gould business strategy, the wider organisation; and of market competition.
- Effective management of team(s) on major/complex commissions or projects, or for major client(s), including maximising performance.
- Ability to effectively and collaboratively resource projects.
- Managing, coaching and leading high performing team(s) including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
- Established, quality working relationships with clients and colleagues.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Project, programme & cost management
Faithful+Gould is an integrated project management firm delivering Project and Programme management consultancy services worldwide. We work in various sectors, adding variety to your work through comm
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs