Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project, cost management and building surveying consultancies operating at the forefront of the industry across a wide range of sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to fulfil your career aspirations.
Faithful+Gould is looking for an ambitious Regional Director – Cost Management to join our highly successful team in the Stockton office to help deliver the business plan and take the office into its next period of sustained growth.
Based in Stockton and reporting to the Director responsible for the office, you will help set the agenda and the business plan for the office and in the stewardship of its delivery. This will involve managing and planning resources, leading innovation, setting quality and fostering a collaborative, professional and positive working environment. This role will also involve significant local business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region.
Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £100m+ and are with a variety of high-profile clients giving our RD a diverse and exciting workload. We are however ideally looking for someone who has experience within the Industry, Property and Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, collaborative and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- A member of the Stockton Business Development team including leading the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
- Contribute to the review, updating and implementing the business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy and looking for market opportunities.
- Take responsibility for industry and Infrastructure Key Accounts, including developing relationships, identifying opportunities and pipeline, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Undertake networking including attending events as applicable to enhance the F+G Brand in the local marketplace.
- Responsibility for developing clients in the industrial and infrastructure sectors
- Supporting national sector growth agenda
- Build successful working relationships with local and national clients
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Membership of a national team/forum to promote Faithful+Gould's reputation and knowledge, and visible internal personal profile.
- Work with the team to continue to enhance the F+G Brand in the local marketplace and capitalise on the extensive pipeline of work.
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Managing, coaching and leading high performing team(s) including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- A member of the Operations Management team responsible for all aspects of the operational performance and governance of the Stockton team.
- Managing project accounts/governance and fee management activities and supporting colleagues in ensuring projects are commercially successful, including any fee negotiations with clients due to scope variations.
- Being accountable for the success of your own profit and loss account.
- Managing and leading productivity and planning resources for future commissions, projects or business demands.
- Influencing and assisting senior colleagues in strategic decision-making
- Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function; including carrying out team performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring/coaching team member
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Ideally a Member/Fellow of RICS/APM or similar qualification.
- Knowledge of the industry in the North East region with a recognised profile across the region.
- Interaction with the wider North & Ireland Region Project Management business.
- Proven experience in a senior level role.
- Experience in a range of sectors including Infrastructure, Property and Industry.
- Experience working in a large consultancy or client organisation.
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions.
- Possess confident business development skills, understand the external market and forward workload in the Tees Valley region.
- Track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Experience in preparing bids and tendering.
- Proven team management skills and experience.
- Expert understanding and ability to advise clients' knowledgably of the component parts of a project and overall cost management techniques.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively financially manage a team delivering a number of projects.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs