Regional Manager- Ecology
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins are seeking an experienced and self-driven consultant to join our UK wide team to lead our Northern Ecology Practice as a Regional Manager. This region includes offices in northern England, Scotland and Northern Ireland and the successful candidate will be based in either Warrington, Glasgow or Leeds.
Working closely with the Regional Managers for the Midlands and the South and reporting directly to the UK Ecology Director you will work on exciting and diverse projects and be challenged to push the boundaries of innovation and deliver excellence to our clients.
Your objectives will be to:
- Enthuse our people through effective performance and development plans that align to their career preferences and organisation goals;
- Build and maintain utilisation within your teams through efficient resource management whilst facilitating the flow of work to the regions, and engaging with our extensive supply chain partners;
- Work closely with the Ecology Director and other Regional Managers to ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to develop our current and future market strategies including expanding into new offices and regions where needed;
- Undertake technical and management roles on projects;
- Support the technical development of staff within your teams.
- Proven experience in a similar position, preferably in the same discipline area, or alternative comparable areas;
- Experienced people manager;
- Strong and demonstrable interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent communication skills to interface with clients and stakeholders;
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with multi-disciplinary teams, market teams, and other stakeholders.
More about the Role and your Responsibilities
- Lead the teams within the established Northern region, recognised for technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs;
- Provide line management for Local Team leaders, oversee career and talent development and manage employee performance;
- Support technical best practice, knowledge sharing and process standardisation/optimisation across the Northern region and wider UK Ecology Practice;
- Manage team performance with focus on meeting or exceeding targets;
- Work with the Ecology Director and Regional Managers to ensure our skills and capacity meet the needs of the target markets, through targeted recruitment and focused staff development;
- Act as Project Manager or Project Director and undertake technical delivery;
- Winning work for the business through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients;
- Ensure that business activity conforms to the Business Management Systems and does not present an unacceptable risk.
What will the successful candidate be like;
- Motivational – to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good management qualities;
- A high expectation of performance – both for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement;
- Excellent communication – both interpersonal and organisational skills, verbally and in writing;
- Approachable – to be supportive and encouraging to all members of the team, coupled with a passion for staff development
- Professional – to lead the practice team so that it has a reputation for technical excellence and trustworthy delivery
- Flexible – be able to travel throughout the UK, while maintaining a beneficial work life balance
- Hard working – someone who is reliable, proactive and innovative, whilst able to keep calm under pressure and when working to demanding deadlines
- Adaptive –able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with both clients and practice teams.
Atkins will offer the right candidate a competitive salary and benefits package. We have a paid overtime and toil system as well as leave purchase of up to 15 days a year. We pride ourselves on our flexible work packages and tailor working days and times to the individuals. For more information on the range of benefits we offer please visit our careers site.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles