Regional Practice Lead- Building Services Engineering
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking for a Head of our Regional Building Services Engineering Practice. The role is predominantly based in our Dubai office but the successful candidate will be expected to manage and visit our regional resources in our Muscat, Doha and Riyadh offices. It is also required that the Building Services Engineering Practice Lead will maintain and further develop the working relationship with our Global Design Centre in Bangalore, India.
The current regional resource includes more than 100 Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health engineering staff and the successful candidate will be expected to manage utilisation of the staff across the region, lead sustainable growth of the Practice and promote technical excellence in all works produced for our Clients.
- Externally, the Building Services Practice Lead will raise Atkins’ market profile, Nationally, Regionally and locally through specific client relationships and generally in the market.
- Develop and Implement work winning strategies with the Practice Director and Market Sector Directors.
- Represent Atkins at the highest level in the Industry.
- Work closely with the Practice Director to understand the Market Sector strategies and to develop resource strategies which respond to and meet the needs of both the current and future pipeline of work.
- Manage the deployment of relevant staff to support winning work and delivering work effectively and to the highest standard of quality against agreed budgets
- Lead and direct the deployment of the Building Services Engineering resource and teams to support both regional and national projects.
- Create an agile resource base aligned with the D&E and Practice strategy.
- Identify and manage the use of supply chain effectively to manage an agile and flexible workforce which can respond to work flows in the Practice and wider D&E business
- Develop a learning culture, promote knowledge sharing and innovation and actively share and drive embedding new ideas.
- Provide leadership through example and Mentor more Junior members of the Practice
- Lead and support the technical development of staff within the Practice teams to drive technical excellence, knowledge sharing, process standardisation and optimisation.
- Promote Digital and Technology driven project delivery
- Lead and direct the development, planning and identification of core competencies of the Building Services Engineering discipline. Develop and manage robust plans to respond to changing market and client demands
- Engage with the wider Atkins business to lead and support the development of new ways of working and help drive innovation in service offerings; such as Building Information Modelling.
- Enthuse and motivate people through leadership, clear and effective performance objectives and development plans that align to their career opportunities
- Manage talent through the identification of people’s performance and potential and taking active decisions to drive optimum performance
- Lead and direct the recruitment, retention and development of people across the Practice in line with the D&E strategy
- Lead compliance across projects managed by the Regional Practice and ensure these are robustly governed and comply to group standards; are commercially viable; are profitable and are delivered to the highest technical standards.
- Take an active role in the company’s Building Services Engineering community, to share best practice and pursue joint initiatives
- Ensure that all works are delivered in accordance with Atkins Quality Control procedures and policies.
Key performance indicators
- Meet or exceed productivity targets through the effective management of Building Services Engineering resources.
- Maintain the Building Services Engineering discipline break even rates as low as possible
- Maximise work delivered to the Global Design Centre (GDC)
- Develop client relationships (Internal and External) to win work through new, additional and repeat business.
- Operate within Group compliance standards to manage commercial and project risk.
- Maintain and develop Employee Engagement and Staff Satisfaction
- Provide and develop Employee Performance indicators for Practice Team
- Promote and actively manage the integration of digital/ technology and innovation
- Focus on driving sustainability into the culture of the business/practice
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Professionally qualified Building Services, Mechanical or Electrical Enginer i.e. MSc. or B.Eng in relevant Engineering discipline, Member of CIBSE, IET (or similar).
- Possess extensive experience in the design and delivery of Transportation, Hospitality, and Residential projects for small, medium and large scale projects
- Self-motivated and capable of operating in an environment of empowerment
- Able to command respect within a professional organisation
- Proven business management and leadership skills within a Building Services Engineering or multi-discipline design consultancy organisation and capable of managing a team and motivating others to achieve business targets
- Strong service delivery orientation and a commitment to achieving technical excellence
- Demonstrable experience of working autonomously to generate business growth.
- Excellent relationship management skills both internally and externally and at all levels
- Financially and commercially astute, with previous management experience of budgeting and forecasting and profit and loss management, Resource Management and delivery to budget
- Strong negotiating skills coupled with a strong commercial acumen
- Results oriented and extensive project management experience in ensuring work is delivered on time and to budget.
- Experience and active promotion of project delivery to ISO accredited systems, procedures and policies.
- An Integrity and Ethical work ethos
- Have proven experience of managing design teams in excess of 30 people, ideally in multiple locations and the adoption of global delivery design centres.
- Knowledge and competency of relevant, industry recognised design software
- Proven experience of BIM driven project delivery with experience in REVIT, IES and the other related software
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.