Requirements and Configuration Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. We have established a high profile presence in the Middle East through our role as Lead Designer on a number of prestigious Metro, Monorail and Mainline Rail projects within the Middle East.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Requirements & Configuration Manager to provide expert advice and consultancy services to an extensive internal and external client base. This role requires strong technical background in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment primarily within the rail industry. The successful applicant will be a team member also contributing to large scale urban rail projects throughout the Middle East. The person will also assisting developing business by increasing the current client base and furthering client relationships through identifying opportunities for future works and services.
Fundamental broad experiences in the rail industry are seen as essential to determine optimum scheme design options and system performance during project phases of Feasibility, Concept, Preliminary, Detailed Design stages of a projects lifecycle. Experience of independent design verification and also site supervision is also highly desirable.
While initially assigned to a specific project, the role will support the Core Team to further support Atkins in future projects within the region.
Reporting to the head of Systems & Assurance, to provide Requirements & Configuration Management expert advice and consultancy services to be considered in all design stages and also the systems engineering processes to satisfy business development and project delivery obligations for the Transportation sector.
- Undertaking systems engineering (SE) tasks in line with good practice and relevant industry standards
- Manage Atkins obligations for Requirements & Configuration Management for its contracted services.
- Development & implementation of Requirements & Configuration Management plans across all disciplines and the establishment of key reference baselines.
- Identification of risks to projects and their mitigation
- Leadership in developing and delivering compliant system designs
- Measurable contribution to an increased Client base in Systems Engineering services.
- Assisting Stakeholders, Engineering and Project Management in understanding the Requirements & Configuration Management effort so that they can better understand and forecast the scope of their projected activities;
- Preparing for and participating in Hazard Analysis workshops, Project Design Reviews, Safety Design Reviews and required Gate Reviews;
- Assist in the development of internal practices in support of Rail Integration across all disciplines.
- Knowledge transfer to other suitable Atkins staff.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or an appropriate discipline
- Chartered Engineer or working towards CEng status
- Experience of application of systems engineering in the rail industry. A systems thinker with an appreciation of the key activities that make up systems engineering
- Good communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders
- Minimum of 7 Years of rail experience relevant to the position.
- Experience leading Systems Engineering activities in accordance with ISO/IEC 15288.
- Understanding of Systems Assurance processes and requirements (i.e. EN 50126/8/9)
- Extensive experience of requirements management and configuration management tools (i.e. DOORS, CP2) and processes
- Experience of identifying, eliciting, deriving, levelling, apportioning and managing SMART requirements
- Experience of developing Requirements Management and Configuration Management plans, processes, policies and procedures
- Extensive experience in supporting project teams in the development, verification and validation of designs throughout the project lifecycle from Feasibility and Design to Implementation and Client Handover.
- System Integration and interface management experience of complex transportation schemes.
- Experience of developing system specifications (e.g. Performance, Functional, Architecture, Interface)
- Experience of ensuring requirements and configuration management activities provide necessary objective evidence to support the project safety-case
- Knowledge of system approval processes and bodies.
- Analytical mindset with excellent verbal/ written communication (interfacing with non-specialist technical team members);
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment involving the client and flexible enough to carry out any tasks required to complete, review and accept Systems Engineering deliverables.
- Prepared and able to travel throughout the Middle East and India.
- Middle East or other offshore experience will be highly regarded
- Rail experience is mandatory, desirably in Metro, Light Rail and Freight railways, and other Guided Transport Systems (e.g. APM, Tram, Monorail)
- Presentation skills
- Bid evaluation and tendering experience for works and services.
- Team Management experience
- Demonstrate sound relationship-building skills with both clients and staff and an ability to influence and coach others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Good computer skills in MS Office (Excel) and specialised software tools.
- Self time management to meet tight delivery requirements.
- Flexible attitude to balance work load and deadlines.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through and annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards & Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Accommodation allowance
- Company gratuity scheme
- Transportation allowance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 days annual leave (based on a 5 day working week)
Our Latest Articles