Resident Engineer (Infrastructure)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Working with and showing leadership to site engineers and co-ordination at site on a multi-million high end mixed use and residential development.
- The Resident Engineer (RE) should have good communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to work under pressure and drive efficiency within the team. The candidate will also lead a team of MEP/Civil engineers and inspectors.
- The candidate is expected to have at least 12 years experience, of which a minimum of 8 years in the Gulf. The candidate will report to the Client management team on a daily basis and is expected to interact regularly with the Head Office.
- The RE is expected to have the ability to mange well a team of MEP engineers, Civil and admin support.
- It is expected that he leads contractors’ meetings, monitor progress of work, and report internally and to the client.
- He is expected to have good analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to manage difficult situations.
- He is expected to be pro-active and forward thinking.
- The candidate should have an architectural qualifications, with a minimum of 15 years of practice. He should also have experience on Project Management and leading a team on large developments.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of structural and Building Services Design. We are seeking an all rounder, keen and enthusiastic to expand the services we offer and to be a key team player. Also the candidate shall have excellent English communication and writing skills
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree qualified
- 15 years min. experience working in a design consultancy at a supervisory or senior level – some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome.
- Experience of working on major projects.
- Experience of local/Gulf utilities rules, regulations and design guides.
- Understanding of British, American and International design standards.
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles and systems is essential.
- Good level of computer literacy in MS Office – an understanding of AutoCAD is useful.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentation to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
- Ability to manage the workload of site staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Must have integrity, initiative, and be flexible and proactive.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
- Staff management.
- Report to Client Management team/Internal Atkins stakeholders.
- Understand design according to local utilities rules, regulations and design guides and obtain necessary statutory approvals.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines internally and any other external design consultant at site.
- To understand and implement Atkins ME Quality Assurance procedures and advise staff.
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors.
Rewards & Benefits
We Offer an Excellent Package Which Includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants