Resident Engineering Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Location: Point Lepreau Generating Station, NB Power, NB
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering service providers. We have been providing a wide range of engineering and field services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the CANDU/BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Procurement, Plant Life Management and Extension including Retubing/Refurbishment, Retube Tooling Systems design and development, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits and plants decommissioning.
SNC-Lavalin is currently looking for a Resident Engineering Manager to join our engineering team in our Point Lepreau Generating Station site office in the Province of New Brunswick. The requirement of this position is to work from the site office for three (3) years, with a possibility of extension for additional two (2) years. The selected candidate is expected to provide an effective interface between NB Power and SNC-Lavalin staff to ensure staff can attain technical details, support the design deliverables and provide a point of contact. Additionally, the selected candidate is expected to further enhance the mutual relationship with the Client.
- Supervise large group containing both professional and technical staff or exercise authority over a small group of highly qualified professional personnel engaged in complex technical applications associated with the assigned design projects;
- Provide communication between NB Power and SNC-Lavalin off-site resources of both project level and technical details;
- Gather technical information from both stakeholders, documentation and databases
- Perform field investigations for planning, configuration purposes and finding technical solutions
- Provide engineering and technical support during construction activities
- Validate construction against design and incorporate As-Built technical information on drawings
- Participate in short and long range planning
- Attend meetings at site with the client and others as required
- Provide leadership to the engineering team, setting strategic direction based on scope and priorities;
- Make independent decisions on work methods and procedures within an overall program
- Facilitate coordination and interface with all engineering disciplines, project partners, and sub-contractors;
- Devise practical and economical solutions to problems
- Interface directly with Clients / Customers;
- Coordinate the development of work processes and procedures;
- Take courses of action necessary to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Manage engineering scope and budgets. Approve documents affecting engineering scope; invoke change management principles;
- Manage schedule compliance and proactively resolve conflicts;
- Manage resource requirements, allocation and conflicts;
- Manage the dissemination of information to the engineering team;
- Ensure quality adherence / performance and procedural compliance;
- Prepare Engineering Progress Reports
Skills and Qualifications:
- University graduate from an accredited engineering program;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Nuclear Industry and 15 years of design engineering knowledge out of which few years of direct site experience will be considered highly desirable;
- Recognized as an authority in a professional field;
- Has knowledge in more than one field of engineering i.e. be multi-disciplined in order to understand issues from other fields of engineering and to develop suitable technical solutions;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and/or New Brunswick
- Work experience in field engineering or at site as a system engineer or design engineer an asset;
- Strong customer focus and ‘thinking like an operator’;
- In-depth knowledge of project interfaces, engineering management processes and procedures;
- Proficient execution planning, organization and resource allocation skills;
- Proficient in organizing and managing complex engineering activities and problem solving;
- Strong working knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria;
- Proficient knowledge of project control systems, procurement systems and construction practices;
- Broad-based business and commercial knowledge;
- Strong directional leadership and people management skills;
- Demonstrates accountability and a results-oriented approach to project execution;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills;
- Strong multi-tasking coordination skills;
- Adaptable to change and thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Site Security Clearance is a mandatory requirement
- Willing to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.