Resource Manager - 12 month FTC
Resource Manager - 12 month FTC
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a people business. We know that our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our worldwide team of experts. From our offices in the UK, Europe and around the world we seek technical excellence and innovation, with the goal of exceeding the expectations of our clients on each project. We are proud to have created a collaborative culture and continuous learning environment in which our people thrive, and we’re always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
On this occasion we’re inviting you to join us as a Resource Manager to oversee and guide our Security and Intelligence market as part of the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) division in getting the best possible performance from its Resource Management function.
ADS&T operates a variety of projects for our clients, either at their sites or in our offices. While our main locations are Cheltenham, Bristol, Aldershot and London, the role will be based from Cheltenham, but with some travel required to other locations.
The Resource Manager will lead the Resourcing Team supporting our Security and Intelligence market, reporting to the SIG (Security, Intelligence and Government) Market Operations Director. You will act as the main point of contact for resourcing across the market and act as point of escalation for the team. The individual will need to proactively work with the team to build/enhance relations across the market, the Practice resource teams and other stakeholders, to develop a team ethos with focus on continuous improvement. Making or facilitating priority decisions will be essential to operational effectiveness.
The Resource Manager will use Management information to track and monitor trends and drive improvement, reporting on the market resource demands, and ensure the demand is addressed through the most appropriate means. Strong and regularly engagement with the Practice Resource Managers, ADS&T Supply Chain & Contracts Resource Lead and ADS&T Practice Managers will be paramount.
- Initially implement the new operating model for the market Resource Management Team, whilst ensuring a smooth transition from the current model(s)
- Focus on delivering a high quality of service that is continuously improving, using data and MI (management information) to target the improvements.
- Develop and manage internal and supply chain MI and report on it to the Market
- Advise, support and oversee the Management Team by developing a strategic perspective, and equally a strong and supportive ethos
- Actively manage the Project Resource Leads and the Security Lead and act as a point of escalation for the team and internal stakeholders
- Lead, facilitate or contribute to Market, Practice, Client and Supplier meetings
- Quality assure the Resource Management Team deliverables and outputs (e.g. reports, trackers, stakeholder management etc)
- Accountable for the maintenance of resource requirements register, pipeline, cliff edge, and Load Capacity/forward demand picture
- Manage the on/off-boarding processes
- Oversight of personnel security activities
- Manage Contractor Referral Scheme.
- Develop initiatives to engage the contingent workforce community within the market.
What you can bring?
- Prior experience in a similar role (highly desirable)
- Strong leadership and prioritisation skills
- Excellent stakeholder communication skills
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate requirements
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Adaptive and effective at working under pressure
- Strong understanding of how to organise a resource team
- Strong communications, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, resilient and professional approach
- Understanding of the clients’ processes and sound sector knowledge
- Strong IT skills
Why work for Atkins?
If you choose to join us, you’ll be working with people who thrive in a strong team environment and are committed to doing more than what’s expected to provide exceptional solutions for our clients. Your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be offered a competitive salary, flexible benefits and structured professional development opportunities in return for your hard work.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Note: This is a 12-month fixed term contract which may lead to a permanent appointment.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs