Bristol or Cheltenham based (Home working currently).
Bring your skills to 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) as one of our Resource Manager’s. You'll play a vital role as part of the Resource Management function providing maximum possible benefit to the needs of the business by ensuring all current & future and potential & confirmed project needs are satisfied across our extensive client base.
ADS&T operates a variety of projects for our clients, either at their sites or in our offices. Our main locations are Cheltenham, Bristol, Aldershot and London, with the majority of our delivery activity in the south west, so the role would ideally be based in Bristol/Cheltenham, but travelling to other locations as needed, and making full use of technology to support our operations.
- Ensure resourcing activities meet with and integrate with business objectives.
- Maintenance of business systems for resource management covering utilisation and forecasting of business performance.
- Make decisions on resourcing issues by influencing and working with key stakeholders in the business to drive effective decisions and escalate where appropriate. Respond to changes in business requirements in a timely and cost-efficient way, working collaboratively with stakeholders across different teams to build the most effective solution; this may include looking at contract options.
- Ensure the ADS&T Resource Management process is actively communicated as best practice.
- Be the key interface between the market (demand) and the practice (supply), facilitating discussions to meet resourcing demands.
- Responsible for day to day tactical resourcing, whilst maintaining a clear view of forward demand.
- Understand individuals’ skills and abilities to enable the best matching of resources onto projects.
- Supporting the practice leadership team in the provision of MI; involvement in decision making and playing a key role in the strategy and growth of the practice as well as operational support.
- Providing input into practice recruitment plans; ensuring they meet Market account demands for the future.
- To build strong and enduring relationships across the ADS&T business and to liaise with the Resource Management / key contacts in other parts of Atkins to ensure we are kept informed of potential opportunities in other divisions.
- Will be involved with bid work, when appropriate.
- Be able to delegate effectively and manage a small team.
As such you will:
- Have relevant Resource Management experience ideally from a consultancy environment or a large organisation with multiple programme delivery challenges.
- A capable communicator who can build relationships with clients, team members, Account teams and stakeholders across the Atkins business.
- You will be a confident self-starter who brings curiosity and challenge to the role, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate experience and professional maturity. Assertive and diplomatic. Understands political context.
- Solutions orientated.
- The ability to deliver in a fast pace and hard environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working across a range of sectors, with a network of contacts.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills will be an inherent part of your make-up.
- Ability to deal with issues with sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to work within a performance management culture – results-oriented.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs