Resource Planner & Analyst
Faithful+Gould are seeking a Resource Planner and Analyst to support resource management and resource analysis across Faithful+Gould ME projects. This will be a centralised role, however could be based in any Middle East office with the emphasis on KSA. The person will have a commercial focus, analytical experience and will have the technical know-how to ensure talent is mapped and resources are allocated and moved to meet project demands both at bid stage and on live projects. This role will work closely with the wider operations team to deliver the F&G strategy and ensure utilisation targets and client needs are met.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight and management of VPM - Mapping where our staff are across the region via VPM and having the ability to track and identify suitable staff coming free for redeployment in bids and live projects.
- Leading the rollout of Comea – the project management competency programme across f+g and assisting with the development goals.
- Provide real time Management information in relation to key forecasting and planning KPI’s
Reporting and analysis
- Provide reports and information on a daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis to inform key decisions regarding resource deployment.
- Pro actively plot demand versus requirements to identify opportunities to make the best use of resources, feeding back concerns to operational leadership and back into the planning cycle
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with project leaders and the business around planning and forecasting, ensuring peaks and troughs are highlighted in advance and pro-actively managed from a resource perspective.
- Screening CV’s of PM and CM staff to assess basic competency.
- Initial interview confirming technical compliance of candidate.
Talent Management / Deployment
- Develop a database of staff suitable for open positions that can be deployed quickly, ensuring all CV’s are up to date and applicable.
- Overseeing and managing staff skills matrix so we deploy right people into the right position.
- Strategically identifying incumbent resources that are due promotion whilst deployed at a certain predetermined designation/fee and deploying them into new opportunities at the uplifted position/fee and backfilling behind.
- Giving staff heading towards the end of a known contract deployment certainty that they are being actively considered for deployment onto the next available role in the business, rather than uncertainty of their future and sending CVs out into the market.
- Oversee the deployment of staff to projects.
- Working closely with the Middle East delivery and bid teams across a varied market segment, to leverage our exisiting talent.
- Grow the pipeline and talent pool of project and cost management profiles to work closely with the Middle East business to maximise the use of existing staff whilst having the ability to reach into the external market as necessary quickly.
- Report to various building block leads 3-6 months resource look ahead.
- Work closely with HR as well as the recruitment as well as Learning and talent development centres of excellence.
Attitude & behaviours:
A Winning Attitude, you focus on your goals, managing project resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
Customer Driven, you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business and project needs.
Ambassador for F+G and Atkins, you take pride in your work and the work F+G does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
Meet the Challenge, you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge are current. You assist/mentor more junior colleagues and peers with their development
Aware, you have an understanding of the wider F+G and Atkins regional goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients
Delivers, you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met.
A Team Player, you contribute to a positive, friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
Engaging, you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and other consultants. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
Adaptable, you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to undertake technical interviews of CM/PM staff
- Ability to network in the market and headhunt for specific roles
- Good network of CS/PM staff
- Strong organisation and management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Human Resources, Project Management, or Business Management
- 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role and/or industry
- Computer literate
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles