Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Risk Manager in Ontario, Canada.
- Understand and apply best risk management practices
- Develop project plans as required
- Knowledge of project management / project controls principles
- Interpret; plans, drawings, layouts, models (2D and 3D format), specifications, reports and other project documentation to gain a full understanding of the project scope
- Facilitate project team to identify;
• Scoring criteria applicable to project (high, medium, low)
• Risk items
• Probability of risk (threat/opportunity)
• Quantitative and Qualitative impacts with regard cost & schedule (PE, ML, OP) Calendar constraints
• Baseline schedule
• Baseline estimate
- Understand project scheduling requirements including calendars, sequencing, logic links, lead/lag etc. and be able to create the project schedule at high level
- Undertake scheduling risk analysis using software modelling
- Understand the applicable estimate breakdown structures in order to determine project costs
- Undertake cost risk analysis using software modelling
- Review existing risk processes and provide commentary/recommendation where appropriate.
- Be prepared to travel to work sites to gather information on the required project scope
- Attend meetings with Project Management staff as required.
- Collaborate with client and contractors project management and engineers, architects, clients resource staff and contractors as required
- Prepare reports including one-page summary / recommendation / risk summary or other suitable formats as agreed with client team in advance
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCY SKILLS
- Analytical skills. – grasp project scope quickly
- Detail oriented – enabling all elements to be considered during risk process
- Technical skills – able to utilize modelling/scheduling software
- Time-management skills - plan their work in advance and work efficiently and accurately.
- Communication/Stakeholder skills. Must be able to draft reports, present information, liaise with and facilitate groups of people in professional manner, capturing all information correctly.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possess bachelor’s degree, in engineering / construction topic or min 10 years in client/consult/contractor engineering/construction environment
- PMP accredited PMP-RMP or equivalent is desired but not essential
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction topic or work experience equivalent.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.