Right of Way (ROW) Agent
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Lake City or Jacksonville, FL Right of Way Group as a Right of Way (ROW) Agent. Under direction, this position performs a full range of professional right-of-way functions, which may involve property management, right of way permitting, and coordination and management of surplus property. This position will report to the Right of Way Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinates and manages client’s leases and sale of surplus property through closing.
- Negotiates property acquisitions involving businesses, non-monetary benefits, and design issues.
- Manages the donation, exchange and coordination of client’s real estate interests.
- Facilitates agreements with local governments regarding right of way and related real estate matters.
- Provides for the maintenance of facilities and oversees the demolition and removal of improvements on right-of-way projects.
- Provides project analysis and support in preparing right of way cost estimates for client projects.
- Interprets and communicates right-of-way policies and procedures in the technical areas of right of way. Prepares schedules and provides other technical assistance to clients in the functional elements of right-of-way programs.
- Consults with planning, design, project management, surveying and environmental personnel to identify and resolve right-of-way impacts.
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may assign.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or another related field. Master’s degree can substitute for one year of experience.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with two (2) years of experience since Bachelor’s or one (1) year since Master’s. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to real estate, property management, or other related areas.
- Without a degree, a minimum of six (6) years professional experience in real estate, property management o other related area is required.
- Strong communication skills, good report writing skills, ability to analyze data and negotiate effectively.
- Management and public speaking skills desired.
- Good knowledge of state and federal procedures and statutes.
- Licensed by the state's Real Estate Commission and Appraisal Board preferred. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to process paper and electronic documents and operate computer keyboard.
- Ability to visit properties and government agency offices.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- If travel is required and no company vehicle is available, the use of a personal vehicle may be required.
- The incumbent must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy. The vehicle must be in good working order and insured.
- Mileage reimbursement allowance will be available.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs