Safeguards and Security Supervisor
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Safeguards and Security Supervisor to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and experience and who can be successful in meeting training and qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for performing their duties.
- Manages the activities, professional development and performance of personnel performing work within their respective department.
- Serves as Security and Nuclear Materials and Control and Accountability representative for assigned shift.
- Performs self-assessments on operational security procedures and compliance and provides feedback on effectiveness of security measures and procedures.
- Provides functional interface with Operations and Maintenance and Protective Force in daily plant operations.
- Develops and revises operational procedures for physical control of Special Nuclear Material (SNMT), property protection, and access control/alarms in cooperation with UT-Battelle departments.
- Serves as on-scene oversight of SNM movements from storage to process cells.
- Works directly with Operations Manager to facilitate construction and daily operations of plant.
- Assists with Site Safeguards and Security Plan and Vulnerability Assessment maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory experience required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
- Baccalaureate in security-related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in safeguards and security
- Ability to obtain Human Reliability Program certification
- Must be familiar with DOE Orders in physical security and program management
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.