This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking for a Safety Advisor to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting to the Construction Safety Manager, you will provide key safety measures throughout the duration of the project.
- Conduct training/safety meetings
- Participate in incident investigations
- Monitor construction work and behavioral based intervention programs
- Complete regular safety inspections and perform audits of safety system
- Provide guidance to personnel concerning regulatory and compliance issues
- Collaborate with marine operations, engineering and construction personnel in the development of plans, operating procedures and field operations
- Assist in risk assessments
- Influence workforce’s personal behavior to lower risk tolerance
- Mentor staff and craft personnel to safely complete assigned tasks
- Analyze activities on site to identify trends in key performance indicators
- Act as a team player with entire SDP HSE team
- Degree/diploma in relevant discipline
- Industrial construction experience
- Working knowledge of OH & S legislation
- Accredited Health and Safety Certification or Canadian Registered Safety Professional Certification is a definite asset
- Superior verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively within an integrated project team
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application will be due by Friday January 24th at 9:00am NL time.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs