Scheduler - Shoreline
I.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Scheduler will support the project in the maintenance of the project schedules on the FCFR project and developing the schedules for the current Definition Phase and subsequent phases of the project.
II.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare and regularly update Planning and Scheduling procedures: issue special Planning and Scheduling instructions, as required.
- To independently prepare and update six-shift project schedules in Visio
- To attend meetings on the project, and inform relevant project personnel on schedule and manhours status
- To develop and maintain a detailed task and deliverable list
- To attend meetings with contractors at site and update schedules
- To produce reports and graphics for earned value reporting
- Preparing complex engineering and construction schedules for projects
- Maintaining schedules
- Preparing reports for management regarding project scheduling activities
- Ensuring the maintenance of all other essential records and reports
- Maintaining liaison with project management regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities
- Provide timely feedback to project managers with regards to activities trending away from the set plan
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A technical or business degree from a recognized institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years of related planning & scheduling experience
- Knowledge of P6 and other project management tools would be an asset
- Experience in an EPC environment is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primavera Project Manager
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Visio)
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Work in respirator and plastics
- Work at heights
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.