SCM Technology Specialist
SCM Technology Specialist
SCM Technology Specialist
Why join us?
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine Hitachi ABB Power Grids deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offering for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and delivering the highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects. As a leading engineering company, we help our customers with turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a new company as it evolves and help shape it for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated professionals with expertise in the Substations EPC business, then this is the new opportunity for you.
To know more about the Linxon please click on the link below.
Purpose of the Job:
SCM Technology Specialist takes full responsibility to Purchase all Supplies and work with Contractors on an EPC Bid from start to finish on an EPC Project. Analyze and Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for interface between Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Engineering. Drive SCM knowledge (market, suppliers, external intelligence) into the development process to optimize with engineering cost, quality and technology. Translate engineering requests into SCM parameters for execution
- Supplier identification -Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiations -Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Contracts -Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval.
- Bid analysis –Analyses’ and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Sales support -Supports bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Goods received -Tracks goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Supplier performance -Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
- Orders -Initiates supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Customer alignment -Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability, and price.
- Process alignment -Conducts all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with ORACLE Software Systems.
- Works with all levels of Management and the EPC Team.
What will you contribute?
- Experience in Substations, Power Generation Product Experience with a Technical Degree.
- BA Engineering Preferred or Business Degree with Strong Technical Experience in Industry.
- Strong technical person that has negotiation experience in the EPC Market.
- Knowledge of the Industry, Power Generation.
- Construction Experience in Power Generation or Power Grid.
- Strong Leadership skills with internal and external TEAMS and Clients.
- Product focused, while remaining commercially astute.
- Can make quick decisions to increase commercial return.
- Have the ambitions of the company and always go above and beyond to achieve for both themselves and the company.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now.
At Linxon, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Linxon, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs