This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Atkins SNCL is currently having a requirement for Security Analyst. The role is part of the Security Services team. Our focus is to:
- supporting people in safely maximising technology
- protecting information
- defending systems
- and provide assurance
The role holder will be the main point of contact for responding to security questions and providing security awareness to end users and IT staff. In case of an incident you will be part of the team trusted to take decisive actions to bring the situation under control.
This is an exciting role in a growing organisation which delivers some of the most challenging infrastructure projects in more than 140 countries and provides a real opportunity to identify and recommend improvements to shape the security strategy of an organisation that delivers some of the most challenging engineering solutions in the world.
- The role holder will be responsible for:
- Running security assessments and driving remediation
- Investigating reports and symptoms of phishing
- Investigating reports and symptoms of malware
- Supporting and co-ordinating responses to security incidents
- Reviewing and recommending changes to access control assignments
- Documenting and improving security processes for the security team and for other teams within the IS organisation
- Assessing requests for exemptions to established policies
- Answering queries about current security measures for external customers
- Organising and implementing social engineering assessments
- Compiling management reports and metrics
- In order to uphold the responsibilities above the role holder will require the following:
- A thorough understanding of the SMTP protocol and SMTP authentication mechanisms
- Solid experience of working with Antimalware Products
- The ability to analyse and validate email header information
- In depth experience of knowledge of Windows and Linux security
- Experience of analysing logs in Office 365, Azure and Windows Systems
- Network security skills
- PowerShell or Python scripting skills
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools such as Nexpose or Nessus
- Good presentation, oral and written communications
- Experience of working to accreditation frameworks such as Cyber Essentials Plus
- Degree qualified
- In depth knowledge of Azure and AWS security tools
- Experience of Metasploit/Kali Linux
- Some software development experience
- Forensic skills
- Use of SQL for analysis of logs stored in databases
- Use of open source logging and monitoring tools
- Use of open source intelligence
- Use of web services/APIs to obtain security information from public sites (e.g. NVD)
The individual will require the following attributes:
- Analytical and investigative mindset
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- The ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with a wide range of specialists.
- A sense of ownership of and accountability for relevant tasks
- The ability to plan and prioritise their own work effectively, whilst remaining a team player
- Willing to take the initiative and act independently to resolve problems
- An understanding of the combination of social, economic and technological forces that drive cyber-attacks.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.