Security Assurance Co-Ordinator
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
There is an increasing demand in the projects we are undertaking for Information Assurance and Security Consultants and we are looking to grow our team in order to deliver to our clients. The role will suit recently qualified professionals who are looking to take their career to the next level and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
Based at Atkins' offices in Bristol, projects are also likely to involve working on client sites in the locality of our offices, but with some travel requiring overnight stays.
The role will suit professionals with relevant experience who are looking to further develop their career and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has the relevant Information Assurance and Security qualifications. You will work on a range of client facing projects, large and small, but will also be expected to contribute to winning new business and managing delivery. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to work on multiple projects and with many stakeholders concurrently. Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Provide security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements
- Identify client security risks within their operational environment and determine appropriate remediation based on business risk appetite that protects information assets from loss, misuse, leakage or corruption
- Perform compliance activity on client systems and business processes to assess the levels of security control and identify gaps to address
- Create client security policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirement
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Work in partnership with clients to implement security controls in pragmatic ways that deliver investment value and support business operations
- Mentor others within the security team in a technical and consultancy capacity
- Assist in the growth of Atkins information security services
- Some experience of delivering technical security consultancy within a Defence environment
- Evidence of providing technical security and information assurance risk management and solutions within complex scenarios
- An excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely);
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client-stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- Broad knowledge of HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MoD IA methods)
- CESG Certified Professional (Security and Information Risk Advisor, Auditor or Security Architect)
- Holder of key security industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK.
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.