Security Consultant – Electronics
Security Consultant – Electronics
The Security business is part of the Infrastructure Division of Atkins. The business operates across all sectors and markets providing security consultancy across a wide range of specialisms from counter-terrorism through physical and electronic security designs to strategy and master planning in the built environment. The Security business plays a pivotal role in differentiating on Atkins major projects and has established itself as a professional offering in the marketplace amongst private and public sectors.
Atkins is a truly global organisation and our strategy means much of our multi-disciplinary work spans various regions around the world. We especially welcome applications from those who are able to travel and spend extended periods of time abroad.
The candidate may have to work from the clients’ office in the UK or abroad and could be expected to be seconded into the client’s organisation. The candidate will therefore be expected to be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
Due to the nature of our work a good technical understanding will be required.
We work across the majority of markets developing innovative solutions to help our clients realise their vision in a safe and secure environment. Our services cover:
- Threat and risk analysis.
- Security risk management.
- All design stages for all security functions.
- Security operations and procedures.
- Strategies, schemes and Master-planning.
- Counter-terrorism and protective security.
- Physical security.
- Electronic security systems.
- Explosive blast and weapons effects on structures.
- Continuity and resilience for security threats.
- Concept of Operations.
- Security training.
We pride ourselves on our high standards and the commitment with which we engage with our clients to help them find approaches to solving their challenging and complex problems. Our projects are founded on proven security analysis and sound engineering / technical capability.
The successful candidate:
- Will be expected to take roles in client project delivery assignments.
- Will be expected to assume delegated management related activities.
- Responsible for commercial management of client assignments.
- Responsible for client relationships during projects..
- Responsible for developing effective approaches to client requirements, calling for originality and ingenuity in devising recommendations.
- Will assist the team lead in business development internal and external to Atkins to further develop the security business.
- Graduate level education or equivalent in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline.
- Must have an understanding and design experience of security throughout the full design lifecycle and able to work to RIBA stages.
- Able to demonstrate experience of designs on electronic security systems and platforms such as CCTV, AACS, PIDS/IDS or Analytics up to a detailed design level.
- A basic technical understanding of non-electronic security systems.
- Must have experience in undertaking security threat and risk assessment and security site surveys.
- Must be able to produce ConOps and Operational Requirements.
- The ability to implement security best practice to various standards e.g. CPNI, CAST, Police, LPCB 1175.
- Will have experience in security design integration and assurance of installed security measures.
- Bid preparation and business development.
- Will have people and process management experience.
- Must have experience in leading technical and design teams in complex and integrated projects.
- Recognised and respected within the industry.
- Understanding of (enterprise) risk management principles.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience in a consultancy type role involving requirements capture, stakeholder management, client briefings, presentations, project management and report writing.
- An MSc or better in a security related discipline.
- Experience in designing out crime using CPTED and SBD principles.
- Membership of a recognised security or professional organisation e.g. IET, RSES, ASIS, SyI and also demonstrate Continuing Professional Development in the field of security.
- A good understanding of relevant software such as AutoCAD, MS Project, specialist software etc.
- A good understanding of security policies, procedures and operations.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
The Security business is part of the Infrastructure Division of Atkins. The business operates across all sectors and markets providing security consultancy across a wide range of specialisms from coun
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs