Security Consultant - Electronics
The Security business is part of the Infrastructure Division of Atkins. The business operates across all sectors and markets providing security consultancy across a wide range of specialisms from counter-terrorism through physical and electronic security designs to strategy and master planning in the built environment. The Security business plays a pivotal role of differentiation on Atkins major projects and has established itself as a professional offering in the market place across private and public sectors.
Atkins is a truly global organisation and our strategy means much of our multi-disciplinary work spans various regions around the world. We especially welcome applications from those who are able to travel and spend extended periods of time abroad.
We work across the majority of markets developing innovative solutions to help our clients realise their vision in a safe and secure environment. Our services cover:
• Threat and risk analysis
• Security risk management
• All design stages for all security functions
• Security operations and procedures
• Strategies, schemes and Master-planning
• Counter-terrorism and protective security
• Physical security
• Electronic security systems
• Explosive blast and weapons effects on structures
• Continuity and resilience for security threats
• Concept of Operations
• Security training
We pride ourselves on our high standards and the commitment with which we engage with our clients to help them find approaches to solving their challenging and complex problems. Our projects are founded on proven security analysis and sound engineering / technical capability.
• Take a lead role on client project delivery assignments
• Responsible for commercial management of client assignments.
• Responsible for client relationships during projects.
• Responsible for developing effective approaches to client requirements, calling for originality and ingenuity in devising recommendations.
• Will assist the team lead in business development internal and external to Atkins to further develop the security business.
• Graduate level education or equivalent in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline.
• Must have an understanding and design experience of security throughout the full design lifecycle and able to work to RIBA stages.
• Able to demonstrate experience of designs on electronic security systems and platforms such as CCTV, AACS, PIDS/IDS or Analytics up to a detailed design level.
• A basic technical understanding of non-electronic security systems.
• Experience in undertaking security threat and risk assessment and security site surveys.
• Must be able to produce ConOps and Operational Requirements.
• The ability to implement security best practice to various standards e.g. CPNI, CAST, Police, LPCB 1175.
• Will have experience in security design integration and assurance of installed security measures.
• Bid preparation and business development.
• Will have people and process management experience.
• Must have experience in leading technical and design teams in complex and integrated projects.
• Experience in a consultancy type role involving requirements capture, stakeholder management, client briefings, presentations, project management and report writing.
• Experience in designing out crime using CPTED and SBD principles.
• Membership of a recognised security or professional organisation e.g. IET, RSES, ASIS, SyI and also demonstrate Continuing Professional Development in the field of security.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.