Let's make our world safer, smarter, better.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Bring your skills to 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) as our Security Manager. You'll play a vital role in ensuring that we keep both our own and our client's information safe and secure at all times, maintaining both our certification to the ISO27001 information Assurance standard and our offices’ security accreditation as well as providing security advice within the business. Some of your responsibilities will include security incident monitoring and reporting, working with colleagues to see how we can best learn from these incidents.
You will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has relevant Information Assurance and government information security experience. You will maintain our ISO27001 certification and coordinate our office security accreditations as well as providing relevant advice on security matters within the business. As such you will:
- Act as the ISMS Manager and maintain the Business Unit’s ISO27001 certification, its Information Security Management System and artefacts.
- Maintain a programme of internal auditing for the scope of the ISO 27001 accreditation, which includes people (Training), property (Physical) and information (Projects), ensuring internal auditors are appropriately trained.
- In conjunction with client accreditors, work with our security controllers to maintain the security accreditation for relevant UK offices.
- Investigate Client and internal security incidents / breaches, reporting as necessary and ensuring any corrective actions are carried out.
- Monitor incident reports (incidents, breaches and near misses) for trends ensuring improvement actions are identified and completed as required.
- Visit various offices and larger projects both to carry out internal security audits for physical and project controls and to carry out musters and check information assurance assets ensuring the correct procedures for classified holdings, musters and spot checks are carried out at each of the relevant sites.
- Liaise with the Global Security team and other central functions on security matters
What you can bring?
- You will be qualified in or have experience of the ISO27001 Lead Implementer role.
- A capable communicator, you will be equally at home listening to others and providing oral or written Information Security advice to your stakeholders.
- A background in Security across Government is essential, which will include knowldege of HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the NCSC IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MoD IA methods).
- You will be a confident self-starter who brings curiosity and challenge to the role, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- You will bring an ability to work effectively both individually and as leader (or member) of a team.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills will be an inherent part of your make-up.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs