Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Senior Accountant is responsible for daily entry into the system, general ledger analysis and reconciliations of related accounts, and other financial and analytical projects as directed. Requires an attention to detail and solid analytical, organizational and communication abilities.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Creates/Edits/Deletes in the subledger.
- Reconciles accounts to the general ledger.
- Creates, reviews and provides reports.
- Reviews transactions for compliance with company policy and IFRS.
- Works with Accounts Payable to ensure proper coding.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets.
- Duties may be general accounting in nature or more specialized and focused, e.g., intercompany accounting.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and at least six years experience in financial accounting work.
- Oracle experience preferred.
Special Skills -
- Position requires strong technical accounting skills and understanding of GAAP and IFRS.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills and be able to work in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams.
- Candidate must be able to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs