Senior Acoustic Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We are a close-knit and dynamic team of over 30 acousticians based in 7 locations in the UK. Our team has a strong ethos of technical excellence, innovation and ongoing development of its staff. We are proud to combine our passion for Acoustics with flexible family-friendly working practices. In response to a strong forward outlook in our UK and overseas markets, we are continuing to recruit experienced acousticians who can help to grow and shape our Acoustics, Noise and Vibration business, with a history of more than 50 years in consultancy.
We look forward to hearing from senior acoustic consultants with a broad range of experience in acoustics to be based in our large multi-disciplinary Bristol office at Aztec West.
You will be working on interesting and varied infrastructure and environmental projects in the UK and overseas. Working as an integral part of the Acoustics team, you will be providing your expertise to our multi-disciplinary design teams and advising our clients. You will have a good working knowledge of the relevant Design Standards and Guidelines as well as relevant experience of acoustic monitoring techniques and modelling software.
The ideal applicant would:
• Demonstrate their experience gained in the consultancy environment;
• Have successfully delivered projects to high technical and commercial standards;
• Manage their own time and workload and that of more junior staff working with them;
• Have experience in work winning for themselves and others
- Develop positive client relationships to secure further work;
• Work collaboratively within a wider team of other professionals, to provide a consistent and integrated service to clients.
- Support technical excellence initiatives with relevant institutes and within the business
• Positively share their skills and experiences with junior members of the team;
• Have Corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics;
• Be qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you perform to the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving Chartership via relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.