Senior Advisor - External Communications
Senior Advisor - External Communications
Would you thrive in a creative environment, working as part of a talented team and collaborating with industry leading consultants, designers, engineers and strategists?
SNC-Lavalin Group is recruiting a Senior Advisor - External Communications for our global communications and marketing team - trusted advisors to the business, working on multiple regional and global projects to support the growth of our business and create a better future for our planet.
As part of our global network of external communication experts, you will work in a transformative and collaborative environment, supporting your peers in delivering integrated marketing and communications plans aligned to our global business objectives.
You will be highly skilled in the writing of communications tools to leverage traditional and digital channels, coupled with strategic thinking that will contribute to the development and deployment of external communications strategies, including proactive and reactive media relations to promote SNC-Lavalin Group achievements. You will advise business units so that they can carry out their projects and mitigate reputation risks, whilst working with and supporting colleagues from around the world, developing your knowledge and skills while creating valuable relationships.
You will have a strong ability to learn from and adapt to any situation, with the ability to anticipate and understand stakeholder needs and put forward tangible actions with measurable results. As a creative task driven person you will know how to build relationships, enjoy learning from others and contribute with purpose. You must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be comfortable dealing with a diverse range of people at all levels of seniority.
Why join SNC-Lavalin
At the SNC-Lavalin Group, we think and work differently. With offices around the world, we connect people, technology and data to shape the future of our industry and the world around us.
People are at the heart of our business. Our teams have a broad and deep wealth of expertise in everything from consultancy, design & engineering and programme management to highly specific, sought-after skills such as building information management and engineering for net zero carbon.
Our people are passionate about helping to create a better future for our planet – and they get the job done.
Come and join our transformative team.
- Draft, revise, edit and produce a variety of communication tools intended for various external audiences (e.g. press releases, social media posts, video scripts, brief, key messages, thought leadership etc.)
- Develop compelling content to support strategic campaigns and initiatives
- Work collaboratively as part of a global team of external and internal communicators and marketeers working on both regional and global projects where required
- Identify opportunities to address SNC-Lavalin Group various stakeholders
- Provide advice regarding positioning and speaking engagements, with a proactive and multichannel approach
- Work with internal, marketing and creative design teams to determine appropriate themes and content for planned communications initiatives
- Devise effective reporting mechanisms and contribute to regular reporting on functional as well as tactical performance
- Ensure that practices, procedures, methodologies and tools are used effectively so that the objectives set out in the business plan are attained
What You Can Bring
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Convey complex topics in simple language to multiple audiences
- Think in a multichannel approach
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in issues management
- Create strategic links between events
- Understand media dynamics
- Advise on external communications best practice
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs