Senior Airport Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Aviation Group in either our Ft. Lauderdale, FL office as a Senior Airport Civil Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic and productive group with on-going work at local airports within Florida. There are also many opportunities to support work at airports across the country.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents within aviation engineering. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Civil Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- A background working in the civil aviation industry is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. PC and CAD skills required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is desired.
- P.E. license is required.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Willing to relocate for the right candidate
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles