Senior Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Senior Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Sr. Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins was part of the team that was awarded the LAWA Mega On-call GEC contract to perform on-call architecture- engineering services for Los Angeles World Airports. In turn, we are keen to expand our current team of senior staff. The open position of Sr. Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager can be based out of our office in Los Angeles, CA or Long Beach, CA office. The role of the Sr. Aviation Project Manager requires professional and project management expertise on complex airport facilities including terminals, airfield, runway, taxiway, FAA NAVIAD, utilities, and landside projects. Day to day responsibilities will include executing the project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and client development.
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, environmental, planning and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects across the Intermodal spectrum with this requisition being focused on General Aviation and Part 139, Commercial Aviation.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Serve as the primary Client interface for market development, relationship building and strategic partnership development with local and national firms, and project delivery, including the development and expansion of strategic clients in the Southern California market, specifically Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Van Nuys Airport (VNY).
- Design management and technical leadership of airport facilities design including runway, taxiways, utilities, runway lighting and systems, FAA NAVAIDS, airfield pavements, landside roadways, planning and environmental analysis.
- Represents Atkins in local, regional, and national organizations like, Airport Consultants Council #acc, ACEC, AEEE and other industry groups as deemed strategically advantageous to the business.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates, stakeholders and clients, and local, state and federal agencies such as FAA. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Provide the team with critical decision-making information and business intelligence on the local and regional aviation market in order to execute the business growth strategy, teaming discussions, go-no evaluation and major proposal preparation.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management.
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, schedules and budgets, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance, and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in resolution of issues related to project performance, administration and other liability issues.
- Develops, communicates, and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs, earned value and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of performance problems.
- Supervises and mentors other project managers, technical professionals and other design staff including managing weekly project workload and manpower forecasting.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience (15 years desirable) in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is required in the state of California.
- Understanding and general competency of CADD (Autodesk and MicroStation), awareness of BIM and current digital modeling systems, BlueBeam and other industry standard software and systems.
- Ability to develop detailed projects scope, schedule, fee and participate in negotiations of contract/task orders.
- Ideal candidates will have direct client management and client development experience, have strong technical skills and shall be proficient with negotiation with subcontractors, clients, design partners and regulatory agencies. Candidate shall exhibit effective communication skills and commercial/business and organizational skills. Proven expertise in proposal preparation, pursuit presentations and existing relationships with clients, subconsultants, contracts and other market stakeholders in the Virginia and Maryland market.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs