Senior Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Senior Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Sr. Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr. Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager will be based out of our office in Los Angeles, California; Long Beach, California, or San Diego, California and reports to our Sr. Aviation Division Manager. The Sr. Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of highly unconventional projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements. Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts very complex professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management. Conducts QCAP reviews of less complicated professional services agreements.
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment disputes.
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements, and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
- Supervises other project managers, technical professionals and other design staff including managing weekly project workload and manpower forecasting.
- Conducts project management training workshops and serves as mentor to associate project managers and project managers.
- Monitors and reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Professional Registration in field(s) of practice required, if available. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Over 10 years of technical and leadership experience, with at least five of these years in a senior operating management position.
- 10 years airport design experience required.
- Business development/client management experience required.
- Extensive experience managing staff, operations, and contributing to business development activities of a sector in a single location.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large scope operations and provide leadership to multiple levels of management and technical professionals.
- Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to staff, clients, and the community in general.
- Promote high performance and consistent accountability at all levels within the sector.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs