Senior Airport Electrical Design Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Aviation Group in either our Raleigh, NC, Tamp, FL, Orlando, FL, Houston, TX or Philadelphia, PA office as a Senior Airport Electrical Design Engineer.
This job will include design work at airports nationwide, related to the design and construction of airfield lighting systems, and offers an excellent opportunity to work with professionals all around the country. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn about the design of airports and FAA Advisory Circulars. The environment is a high-paced design firm, and offers the opportunity for personal growth and development under local senior staff.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Exposure to AutoCAD and a general understanding of construction plans is desired.
- An interest in looking to learn about design of airports of both civilian and military use is desired.
- 4-5 Years of airfield lighting design and construction experience.
- P.E. license is required.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles