Senior analyst – Financial systems
Part of the delivery portfolio, this position is responsible for oversight of the design and administrative functions of Hyperion applications. This position leads the strategic implementation of ongoing and future enhancements to the existing applications and development of any new major project. This position also has primary responsibility for all analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and operational aspects of the applications. In addition to a strong technology background, this role requires knowledge in multiple financial processes (such as forecasting, budgeting, month-end close process, financial reporting and cost allocation models) and proficiency in creating and documenting solutions for complex financial and data intensive systems. This role requires high proficiency Oracle Hyperion tools including Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE), HFM, PBCS and SmartView.
- Lead the Business requirements gathering with the Finance partners.
- Lead the design, development, enhancements and maintenance of business requirements and implementation for Oracle Hyperion applications to meet forecasting, budgeting, month-end close processing and financial reporting requirements with minimal supervision.
- Lead and manage delivery of Improve and Grow projects.
- Prepare high level status reports and briefings for management on the status of implementation projects to ensure that enhancements efforts are communicated to the team, are delivered in a timely manner, and to measure anticipated benefits.
- Work with our IT partner to develop, test and maintain application enhancements based on Finance partner needs.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot complex issue and work with Technology and Finance users to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain user guides and operational documentation and train users as needed.
- Perform and co-ordinate User Acceptance Testing for system upgrades and implementation of new functionality.
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Process Flows.
- Manage and coordinate systems upgrades and maintain system documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field and seven years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of forecasting and budgeting process and general financial knowledge
- 5+ years in Hyperion applications including designing, developing and administering software
- Extensive knowledge of end user tools including SmartView, Essbase Add-in for Excel and Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledgeable of the financial services industry and financial systems
- Understanding of financial statements and financial related data
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with financial data
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met
- Customer service oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals