Senior Analytics Consultant
Atkins SNC-Lavalin is a leader in transport asset management. It is an exciting time to join our organisation. We have ambitious growth plans including developing beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of our end-to-end principles. We are backing this with major investments to rapidly grow our organisational capabilities and capacities in developing new innovative products and services. Our solutions also span into other sectors of the UK and globally across SNC-Lavalin, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of a 1000-person plus UK Consultancy Practice within the Atkins Transportation Division. We are responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Local Road, Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL, Train Operators and ROSCOEs. We offer a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, while still building and utilising the expertise of our wider business through colleagues across the Atkins SNC-Lavalin organisation.
The Senior Analytics Consultant role is critical within our Information and Data Exploitation teams to provide leadership in delivery of data centric projects involving both data manipulation and system development. The role involves analysis of client needs, requirements capture and prioritisation, creation of solution options, and leading and contributing to fulfilment of deliverables. This Consultant must be able to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels to understand business needs and with colleagues to form effective delivery teams.
- Degree level candidate, ideally in a numerate subject such as Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent significant job experience in role
- Identifying and prioritising requirements for colleagues and customers
- Identifying the best available technological solutions and business processes to fulfil requirements
- Estimation of resource requirements and production of project programmes to meet client milestones
- Technical and organisational leadership on project tasks, that are data-driven with large and varied datasets, to meet quality, time and budget requirements
- Effective oral and written communication with colleagues and clients including the ability to influence others and convey technically challenging information to non-technical audiences
- A good working knowledge of a range of aspects of Analytics & Data, including Data Engineering, Storage and Management, Data Mining and Statistical Analysis, Operational Research, Predictive Analytics, Visualisation and Business Intelligence
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance concepts and how these impact on digital services
- Contribution to or leading bids and win work activities
- Experience in Public Sector, service-based environments.
- Experience in Transportation Infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail, Local Transport)
- Project Management skills (PRINCE-II, APMP, Agile)
- Experience in Database programming
- SQL, both the language and database implementations such as SQL Server
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) software such as FME
- Experience using Business Intelligence software such as Power BI
- Experience in application development with Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with Python and R, particularly in the context of data manipulation, data analysis, machine learning and forecasting
The Senior Analytics Consultant is responsible for supporting Project Management and Engagement leads with;
- Engaging with clients to understand and document their requirements
- Analysing and prioritising client requirements into proposals and delivery plans
- Collaborating with technical leads/subject matter experts by either leading or supporting delivery of projects
- Developing opportunities with existing and new clients through engagement at meetings/workshops/conferences
- Contribute to the development of tenders and ideas for win work activities
- Comply with and champion company processes and policies, and ensure adherence to safety, welfare, quality and environmental requirements
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
You will have demonstrable experience of working with clients and colleagues to understand requirements and develop solutions to address their key challenges. This means you will have excellent communications skills with the ability to understand business needs, listening to their problems to fully understand issues and the environment in which they work. The ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from a varied background and gain confidence and buy-in to proposed solutions is a must. You will be confident in directing a team to implement an agreed solution. You will have the ability to innovate with a passion for keeping abreast of developments and their applications, and shape delivery within tightly constrained technical and business environments.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.