Senior & Principal Human Factors Consultant
Senior & Principal Human Factors Consultant
Love creative thinking that keeps the world moving forward?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our innovative, personable, and talented team of Human Factor specialists who value our colleagues and work collaboratively to ensure our clients receive cutting edge Human Factor solutions.
We are looking to engage a Senior Human Factors consultant with pertinent Safety Assurance experience to join our growing team. As a member of the team you will manage and lead HF work packages ensuring quality technical delivery, you will develop and maintain client relationships and help to mentor and support junior members of staff.
Will vary from working in multi-disciplinary teams on major engineering programmes to carrying out specialised work on an individual basis, therefore you need to demonstrate good communication skills and will liaise across disciplines and departments.
The role will also require you to support business development activities including the writing of bids and contributing to innovation and knowledge sharing across our Human Factors community.
The initial focus of your work is likely to be Defence related projects, but other market areas are also growing in demand for Human Factors resource, as clients gain awareness of the benefits that Human Factors capability can deliver to their businesses.
What you can bring?
- Extensive experience of applying Human Reliability Assessment methods and techniques within the high hazard industry, such as task and error analysis, Human Reliability Assessment and the substantiation of Human Based Safety Claims.
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Human Factors or a related discipline, such as psychology, engineering or industrial design.
- CIEHF Registered Member status or equivalent or working towards chartership.
- Experience of delivering Human Factors work packages within Defence or high hazard regulated industries.
- Experience of planning and applying Human Factors Integration (HFI) and Human Factors processes, standards and techniques to engineering projects.
- Knowledge of relevant UK and international standards/guidance and their application.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to technical excellence and continued professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client facing skills; good powers of communication.
- Willingness to travel to our client sites.
- Experience in and knowledge of the following areas: Human Machine Interface development, scientific methods and statistics, procedures analysis, safety analysis, human performance measurements, workstation and operations room design.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Security, aerospace & defence
Navigating positive, sustainable change.Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs