Senior Application Packaging Engineer
Senior Application Packaging Engineer (T4)
To package, sequence and migration of applications for remote deployment to workstations. To work in a larger Application Services environment, supporting other work processes and offering customers a quality, efficient and effective service.
Application Packaging, Admin Studio, VB, PowerShell, Scripting, Windows 10 Migration, Windows Installer, MSI, MSIX
Experiences in listed Application Repackaging skills:
- Experience should include: 8+ years of experience
- Package/sequence applications in accordance with IT Services Standards and Procedures.
Application repackaging tools:
Expertise in Flexera AdminStudio InstallShield / Wise Package studio / AppV / MSIX
ORCA, Filemon, Regmon, process monitor, Picture taker.
- Experience in developing installation packages using one or more of the common packaging technologies – Admin Studio and Windows Installer (MSI, MST, conflict Management, VB Script, Custom actions, Powershell)
- System Centre Configuration Manager 2012 or above (Experience on scheduling pushes on to the client machines from SCCM Console, run reports & queries)
- Application Compatibility testing and Software Distribution
- Resolving DLL conflicts, registry settings, recognizing applications related problems, Windows Command line knowledge [Cacls, Xcacls, Regsvr32 etc]
- Creating transforms for customizing existing Windows Installer packages.
- Liaise with other teams to achieve solutions and to resolve issues with existing deployments
- Application Compatibility Testing using MS ACT 5.x Toolkit/ AppDNA / AdminStudio
- Experience to provide resolutions in Windows 10, MSI to MSIX, Virtualization migrations.
- Expertise in resolving application network licensing and standalone license configurations.
- Work to agreed Service Level Agreements using a call management system, including agreed Operational Level Agreements for packaging.
- Knowing C#, batch files would be an added advantage.
- Provision of application licence servers and configuring.
- Knowledge on Office system O365s, Deployment, Migration.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as known errors, solutions, major incident reports that will help in continuous improvement.
- To have good communication skills and interface well with the business, line and senior management.
- To be customer focused and to display an analytical approach to problem solving.
- To be a team player, working with others to provide a quality service.
- Flexible in working on rotational shifts 9 AM to 6 PM or 12 PM to 9 PM or 6 AM to 3 PM IST.