Senior Architect - Epsom
Senior Architect - Epsom
Atkins Architecture & Master planning Practice are looking to recruit an innovative Senior Architect to be part of our Epsom Architectural Team.
Located in Epsom Surrey with just a 10-minute walk from Epsom Station, our brand new ‘state of the art’ offices encourage innovation and collaboration, where you can build a fantastic career within a forward-thinking company.
Who we are:
Atkins are a leading UK based Global Design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating, and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with the belief that good design can positively enhance and transform people’s lives. Our expertise ranges across all key sectors of the built environment: Education, Master planning, Urban Regeneration, Commercial and Residential. Atkins are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings, places that are good for people and improve our environment.
The Atkins Team is a welcoming group of talented individuals with shared passion for design and a committed to the environment through a sustainable approach to architecture and engineering.
Our staff are the heart of our success and supporting training and mentoring our designers ensure Atkins is at the forefront of innovation.
Our team comprising of creative minds, Architects, Landscape Architects, Interior designers’ engineers, work alongside each other and everything we do, from the smallest project to the largest masterplan, is a team effort.
Our UK and Global projects and designs influence will allow you to excel with likeminded individuals.
Atkins offers Senior Architects the opportunity to be a part of exciting projects working with a network of creative individuals all with the share aspirational goal of design excellence. The role would be idea for those looking to take ownership of multiple projects to run from concept through to delivery whilst including managing a small team of assistants.
Our primary focus is to ensure our architects are challenged towards professional growth within a new team, exposing Architects to the multi-disciple environment and client facing opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will have a RIBA Part 3 qualification and be RIBA, ARB registered (or equivalent) with experience on wide range of complex projects at different stages. Experience should range across different sectors working directly with the client, contractor, and multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Understanding of the design process and ability to deliver this from concept into detail design and understand how to identify and design key details, and onto to project completion.
- Understanding detail for compliance requirements e.g. building regulations and working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types will be required for this role.
- We are looking for individual who can consistently contribute to the successful delivery of a complex, small, medium, and large-scale project.
- The candidate for this roll will be required to take responsibility for specific roles, areas or packages of work with within a project and recognise the importance of the project budget and seeks to develop their knowledge of project financials.
- Supporting and mentoring staff though Part 1 and 2 is fundamental to this role. Coaching junior staff on projects and reviewing work to help drive the design quality and output.
- Flexible approach to working with a positive and 'can-do' attitude, self-motivated and committed individuals who can be both clear thinker but have the willingness to be a strong team player.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Cities & development
Atkins Architecture & Master planning Practice are looking to recruit an innovative Architect to be part of our Epsom Architectural Team. Located in Epsom Surrey with just a 10-minute walk from Epsom
Cities & development
Atkins are looking to recruit innovative Interior Designers to be part of our Epsom Architectural Teams. We have positions ranging from Interior Design Assistants, Project Designers to Senior Designer
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs