Senior Architect - Glasgow
Senior Architect - Glasgow
Senior Architect - Glasgow - 2 Atlantic Square, Glasgow, G2 8JQ
We are Atkins; Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape Practice. We are a leading UK based global design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives. Our expertise ranges across all key sectors of the built environment: Masterplanning, Urban Regeneration, Transport, Retrofit, Education, Commercial and Residential. We are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings, places that are good for people and improve our environment.
As a Senior Architect within our Architectural & Masterplanning practice in Glasgow, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on a diverse range of exciting design projects across the UK and overseas including new build and retrofit higher education, nurseries, residential, offices, and transportation projects as well as collaboratin with national and international multi-disciplinary design teams, using your insight and creativity to generate positive, sustainable impacts on society and the environment.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Ensuring design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture.
- Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
- Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Support in securing new business opportunities including bid writing, undertaking presentations to clients/project stakeholders.
- Client and stakeholder facing responsibilities.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest 3D software packages.
- Qualified Architect
- Experience of working and delivering projects within cities, urban development, commercial or related sectors.
- Working Knowledge of software’s including REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup desirable
- Experience of producing strong design concepts.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level.
- Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills
- Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward," a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs