This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
The Landscape & Urban Design practice in Atkins India is currently expanding to contribute to the different sectors including Property, Infrastructure & Transportation all around the world. We are keen to take on board highly motivated and capable landscape architects and urban designers to shape a well-integrated team delivering projects across the globe.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Take ownership and lead, small to medium landscape public realm projects and work packages under the supervision of Senior Landscape Architects/Urban Designers.
- Draft technical reports and contractual documents, of acceptable technical and presentation quality with minimum guidance.
- Work to a program for the project and proactively advise Senior team members of any issue which affects the efficient completion of the project.
- Set out / agree design standards and parameters with senior team members.
- Check the work of team members and ensure the quality of deliverables meet the Atkins standards of delivery and client expectations.
- Willing to undertake and where required lead interdisciplinary technical co-ordination.
- Evaluate tender documents.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Assign work to Graduate (Landscape Architects or urban designers), BIM technicians and Administrative staff.
- Use business related software independently with ability to guide work of junior team members.
- Successful in identifying and following through on leads/suggestions associated with additional work prospects on the projects they are involved with.
- The individual will be required to travel at times to the different Atkins office and sites globally and interface with the team based there.
What will you contribute?
- A Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from universities of International repute is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Landscape Architecture or Architecture will be considered, if they can showcase relevant experience in Landscape Design Project Stages. Including Design, Documentation and site implementation.
- Chartered candidates shall have an added advantage.
- Must have good experience delivering Landscape Design/Public Realm projects in the public or the private realm.
- Must be familiar with design, tender and construction processes. International experience of the UK, the ME or the APAC regions will be considered an added advantage.
- Must be competent in design detailing and construction techniques.
- Must be conversant of the evolving standards of the profession primarily with respective to collaborative and multi-disciplinary design.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe CS5, MS Office, sketch up and Google Pro. Advanced experience of BIM related software in Landscape Design/Infrastructure works will be considered an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team.
- Have a logical and organized approach to project delivery and able to follow instructions and guidance by senior team members.
- Be aware of the effect of delivery time on financial performance and proactively manage time, resources and budget on a project.
- Able to identify and communicate concerns of the project/team to immediate Line Manager.
- Able to discuss career goals and aspirations.
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members.
- Demonstrate initiative and basic leadership skills to give directions in a small work group.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs