As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
The Landscape & Urban Design practice in Atkins India is currently expanding to contribute to the different sectors including Property, Infrastructure & Transportation all around the world. We are keen to take on board highly motivated and capable landscape architects and urban designers to shape a well-integrated team delivering projects across the globe.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead projects with complete design and delivery ownership reporting to Practice Lead.
- Take ownership and lead landscape design/pubic realm projects and work packages.
- Design manage multi-disciplinary urban development projects.
- Liaise with key clients and technical and non-technical stakeholders for positive project outcomes.
- Draft technical reports and contractual documents, of acceptable technical and presentation quality with minimum guidance.
- Work to a program for the project and proactively advise Senior leadership of any issue which affects the efficient completion of the project.
- Ensure the team is aware of the design standards, codes and compliances of countries within the ME region and the same are complied to in the Design.
- Check the work of team members and ensure the quality of deliverables meet the Atkins standards of delivery and client expectations.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking to expand the landscape & urban design business across different
- regions in the ME.
- Is able to contribute to bids and proposals to win work.
- Can cross- over through design thinking between the three disciplines of the practice on large scale
- Delegate work to assigned project team Graduate (Landscape Architects or urban designers),BIM
- technicians and Administrative staff.
- Use business related software independently with ability to guide work of junior team members.
- Successful in identifying and following through on leads/suggestions associated with additional work
- prospects on the projects they are involved with.
- The individual will be required to travel at times to the different Atkins office and sites globally and
- interface with the team based there.
What will you contribute?
- Must have good experience delivering Landscape Design/Public Realm projects in the public or the private realm for minimum 10 years.
- Must be familiar with design, tender and construction processes. International experience specific to ME and beyond will be considered an added advantage.
- Must be competent in design, project management, efficiency matrices.
- Must be conversant of the evolving standards of the profession primarily with respective to collaborative and multi-disciplinary design.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe CS5, MS Office, Sketch up and Google Pro.
- Advanced experience of BIM related software in Landscape Design/Infrastructure works will be considered an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team.
- Have a logical and organized approach to project delivery and able to follow instructions and guidance by senior team members.
- Be aware of the effect of delivery time on financial performance and proactively manage time, resources and budget on a project.
- Able to identify and communicate concerns of the project/team to immediate Line Manager.
- Able to discuss career goals and aspirations.
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members.
- Demonstrate initiative and basic leadership skills to give directions to interdisciplinary work group.
- Experience of working in virtual teams is a plus.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs