This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for a Senior Architect. This person works under the direct supervision of an Associate or Associate Director. This team member leads an architectural design team and schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on projects of all scales.
- Lead the design team throughout the design stages.
- Act as the client’s point of contact for design related issues.
- Act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
- Responsible for the architectural resource planning for the project and report project needs to senior team members.
- Conduct Performance evaluation reviews to junior team members.
- Carry-out independent design reviews for all types of projects.
- Take responsibility for coaching of junior team members.
- Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
- Architectural Design.
- Team Leading.
- Client interface.
- Resource Planning.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Design Management.
- Design Coordination.
- Interface with Statutory Authorities.
- Design research.
- Design reviews.
- Site back-up.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- A Senior Architect must have completed five or six-year architectural degree program. B.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture. Minimum 10 years post graduate experience. UAE Society of Engineers membership. International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent). Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent).
- Ability to fulfill all the duties and responsibilities.
- Developed architectural design skills.
- Extensive project experience.
- Developed leadership skills.
- Developed communication skills.
- Ability to make critical decisions.
- Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
- Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Full understanding of Atkins’ commercial management of projects.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Developed understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
- Developed presentation skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Atkins’ standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Ability and will to update knowledge.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the process:
We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status soon. # BA
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs