This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for a Senior Architect.This person works as part of an architectural design team. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with an Associate or Associate Director.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Ability to fulfill all the duties and responsibilities.
- Developed architectural design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
- Extensive project experience.
- Developed leadership skills.
- Developed communication skills.
- Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
- Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Understanding of Atkins’ commercial management of projects.
- Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
- Developed presentation skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
- Detailed knowledge of Atkins’ standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements. Qatar Authority requirements and process will be a clear benefit.
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Ability and will to update knowledge.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Arabic language skills / proficiency is an added value.
- Principal Activities
- Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Architects and Technicians on a day to day basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
- Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
- Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
- Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
- Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor’s queries, etc.
- Responsible, with guidance from senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
- Statutory Authority interface and liaison.
- Senior Architect must have completed five or six-year architectural degree program.
- B.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture.
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience.
- Be a registered member of an accredited Architectural Registration Board in their home country.
- Gulf Society of Engineers membership
- MMUP Qatar Level A candidate required
- Architectural Design.
- Team Leading.
- Client Interface.
- Design Coordination.
- Interface with Statutory Authorities.
- Design research.
- Site back-up.
- Mentoring, supervision and management of junior staff.
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants