Senior / Associate Airport Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is currently seeking a Senior / Associate Airport Engineer to join the Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice and form part of its aviation team based in its Epsom or London office.
Atkins is renowned for an array of significant projects across Aviation, Cities & Development, Transport, Defence, Energy and Water markets. The Atkins Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can-do attitude and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector. It focuses on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget and to the client's complete satisfaction.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated and collaborative with experience in co-ordinating and delivering designs at senior level in an airport environment. The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Civil Engineer with airfield and infrastructure design experience, including successful delivery of schemes from concept to detailed design. The position requires credibility, competence and technical excellence as it will be a role working closely with industry leading clients, stakeholders and will necessitate the development, approval and implementation of robust design solutions through collaborative working, trust and proactive management of client demands.
• Planning and design of airport landside and airside infrastructure
• Geometric design of runways, taxiways and aprons
• Flexible, rigid and composite aircraft pavement design
• Producing design and investigative reports related to aircraft pavements, airside and landside roads and associated airport infrastructure
• Preparation of scope of site investigation work
• Undertake pavement inspections and prepare report and assessment on the findings
• Acting as a Task Leader and Project Manager on live jobs
• Managing the design process
• Able to supervise construction of airport works and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the works specifications
• Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders
• Line management of a team of engineers and project staff
• Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff so that they can reach their full potential including chartered status for graduates
• Developing proposals for new commissions
• Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline
• Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional institution
• Ability to manage a multidisciplinary design team, plan and control technical resources to deliver projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction
• Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment
• Ability to grow, lead and motivate junior team members including young graduates, and gain respect from colleagues
• Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery
• An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies and evolving best practices to maintain our Client’s position at the forefront of its markets
• An understanding of the key drivers and challenges of airport design, specifically the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and baggage movement
• Working Knowledge of:
• International codes and standards applicable to aviation including but not limited to ICAO, EASA, UK CAA and DfT
• Aircraft pavement engineering and design
• Earthworks and materials
• Tender documentation
• Pavement management systems will be an advantage
• AutoCAD, Civil 3D
• Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• A willingness to develop and build client relationships
• Recognition that international work brings international travel, and a willingness to undertake commissions overseas, potentially for extended periods away from the UK.
About Atkins SNC Lavalin
Atkins is now part of SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering, Design and Project Management sector. It is one of the world’s leading and largest multi-disciplinary design consultants. Our projects have won numerous awards across the globe with a focus on state of the art design and engineering, having the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical projects. Working in over 50 countries around the globe and significant pipelines of work, Atkins is in a unique position to draw on its worldwide expertise and continues to design and deliver both major landmark projects of national and international significance, together with smaller niche schemes, both across public and private sectors.
This growing profitable business encourages and presents real opportunities and further development for high calibre engineering professionals.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.