Senior / Associate Civil Engineer - Water Sector - London
Atkins Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to work on a wide range of water and wastewater projects - including treatment works, pipeline & pumping stations and collection & storage systems.
This key post will be based out of our London office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then it would be great to hear from you.
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Supervise project teams in the production of feasibility studies, detail design and construction drawings, specifications and technical reports.
- Carrying out technical reviews and checking design work carried out by other team members
- Production and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Embrace digital engineering and promoting innovative engineering design solutions
- Acting as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility
- Management of projects to programme and budget
- Liaison with clients and discussing technical solutions in the delivery of civil engineering to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients – both in projects and at tender stage
- Able to lead and contribute to winning work, through production of fees, scopes and quality answers in response to client tenders
- A strong technical background, including first principles analysis and use of relevant UK and international codes and standards
- Chartered Civil Engineer or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of hydraulic design, open channel flow and pressure pipe systems relating to engineering within the water sector
- Good understanding of BIM and its application in the water industry
- Previous experience of design of water retaining structures, pumping stations and other treatment structures
- Highly motivated and with a strong desire to promote technical excellence within project teams and wider Atkins team/practice
- Working with contractors on site to deliver the implementation of engineering solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Clients and colleagues alike.
- Flexible approach to work, including occasional overseas working/visits if required.
About the Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice:
Our Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice is inspired by Atkins vision to be the world's best infrastructure consultancy. Our people are focused on our routes to market and driven to deliver for our clients, improve efficiencies, develop and exploit cutting edge technology, deliver safe and sustainable solutions, and develop our leaders of tomorrow. Working collaboratively across the group we pride ourselves on the safe delivery of technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment, with the end users in mind, to both external and internal clients. Our knowledge of contractor's construction techniques allows our teams to produce efficient designs that can be built. Our expertise covers the full array of activities through the life cycle associated with smart infrastructure, ranging from feasibility, planning, investigation, design and supervision of new assets through to assessment, measurement, repair and rehabilitation of existing assets.
The assets range from simple structures to complex, safety-critical structures subject to extreme dynamic loading. Owing to the diverse nature of our expertise, we have developed specialist skills related to deep basements, seismic and blast assessment, pavement and drainage design, utility networks supporting infrastructure, airport planning and airfield engineering, physical security, water engineering, and logistics and enabling works. We also provide specialist resources through secondments into Client organisations to deliver technical support.
We have successfully provided these services for a wide variety of clients and prestigious projects in the Aviation, Commercial & Residential, Education, Mass Transit, Transport, Defence, Energy and Water markets in the UK and internationally.Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.