Senior Automation Engineer (as needed)
Senior Automation Engineer (as needed)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Based in our Sarnia Oil & Gas office, the successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of instrument design principles complemented by practical working experience with industrial instrument systems. They will be well organized, an effective communicator, and have substantial supervisory experience or depth of knowledge in multiple areas of specialization within the automation discipline.
The candidate will be required to act as a technical lead or work independently when necessary. The candidate is required to be effective working in a team environment, and to deliver project work packages for clients in the petrochemical, refining, and light industrial fields so previous relevant Brownfield/revamp experience is required.
The functional responsibilities of the candidate will be as follows:
- Directs or coordinates complex projects, or produces complex instrument designs using advanced technology.
- Able to analyze a broad range of instrument related problems to determine opportunities that may require further investigation and/or clarification.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new engineering methods and technology.
- Responsible for monitoring project schedules, and overall quality.
- Has a strong desire to expand their current level of knowledge of instrument design methods and procedures.
- Ensures designs are completed in strict compliance with all applicable codes, company and client standards.
- Conducts field investigations of instrument equipment and instrument wiring installations at client sites to record accurate and adequate field investigation notes.
- Prepares complex design specifications, instrument purchase requisitions, drawings, installation details, and construction work packages.
- Performs reviews/checks on construction work packages to control quality and accuracy.
- Interfaces with members of a multi-discipline design team and with client personnel to effectively determine the design issues and recommend appropriate courses of action in order to provide suitable and appropriate solutions for projects.
The leadership responsibilities of the successful candidate will be as follows:
- Makes decisions and recommendations on complex technical issues within authorized limits.
- Exercises solid judgment and exhibits initiative in interpreting policy on the planning and implementation of projects and/or work assignments.
- Provides a broad range of guidance and assistance to other disciplines and members of the candidate’s own discipline on project related issues.
- Will act as a key participant, representing candidate’s own discipline, in project meetings.
- Will organize and supervise work within a large group of employees in the candidate’s own discipline or area of specialization.
- Participates in project coordination meetings and to effectively communicate with members of the instrument design team and designers from other disciplines regarding project design considerations, schedules, and costs.
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in instrumentation and controls design.
- Knowledge of Honeywell Experion, Triconex, Rockwell and Schneider PLCs.
- Experience in Custody Transfer applications is an asset.
- Broad understanding of industry and regulatory standards.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to take charge to meet project schedules and deliver quality packages under tight schedules.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Possesses sound reasoning ability and strong desire to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner when communicating with clients and visiting client sites.
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety policies and procedures.
- Able to work in full compliance with company/client policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use instrument design software, AutoCad, and Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Smart Plant Instrumentation software is an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs