Senior Automation (I&C) Engineer
Why join us?
The Senior Automation Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Automation Project Discipline Lead
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assigned as working Sub-Lead (Area Lead) for multiple sustaining capital projects, while still being able to take on Engineering/Design related deliverables
- Quality checking and design guidance for all 2D/3D CADD Drafting and design
- Preparing and checking Instrument Loop diagrams as well as Control Systems cabinets design and wiring
- Participating in design reviews, HAZOPs and SILA
- Preparing and checking installation details and Instrument/Fire and Gas location plans
- Performing instrument engineering; including Instrument selection, specification and inline device sizing calculations
- Developing instrumentation deliverables in SPI such as instrument index, I/O list, I/O assignment, Equipment List and Alarm Rationalization List
- Developing Auxiliary Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and preparing Instrument data sheets in SPI
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Developing Material Requisitions for field instruments and automated valves, completion of Technical Bid Evaluations
- Development of Control Narratives and Cause and Effect diagrams
- Support for providing estimates for engineering work
- Reviewing and approving vendor documents
- Interfacing and approving mechanical equipment packages on behalf of the Automation department scope of work
- Providing field support to on-site personnel and the construction management team
- Assist in providing technical support to engineering groups at site
- Interfacing with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals
- Completing weekly and monthly reporting to the client along with bi-weekly schedule reviews
- Progress reporting using SNC-Lavalin’s in house progress reporting tool
What will you contribute?
- Degree or Diploma in Instrumentation/Control Systems from an accredited University or College
- Registration or eligibility for registration through ASET as a C.E.T./P.Tech or APEGA as a P.ENG/P.L. (ENG)
- 12+ years of instrumentation design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Expertise using Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) and knowledge of 2D/3D design/drafting
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Highly motivated and organized
- An understanding of Oil Sands Safety acts, regulations and codes
- Understanding and familiarity of API, ASME, CSA and ISA codes and directives
- Site experience in construction or commissioning of plant Instrumentation and Control Systems for Alberta Oil and Gas facilities would be an asset
What we offer at SNC Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- A safe and healthy work environment
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com