Senior Bridge Engineer/Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Structures Group in our Tampa, FL or Orlando, FL office as an Senior Bridge Engineer/Project Manager.MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
Under general direction, serves as a recognized technical specialist throughout the company, providing advice on the resolution of major technical problems of marked importance to the organization. Provides technical expertise on programs and projects with substantial fees, developing standards for diverse activities. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.JOB DUTIES
- Serves as technical consultant, solving major technical problems, developing engineering standards and guides, and determining program objectives and requirements.
- Analyzes projects and makes cost-effective design recommendations, monitors design approaches and makes final design decisions.
- Provides consultation and advice throughout the company on matters within area of expertise.
- Monitors budget conformance.
- Actively serves in quality control capacity.
- Markets company services.
- Conducts technical training workshops and serves as mentor to less experienced engineers and other technical professionals.
- May function as the project manager for routine to semi-complex projects. Responsibilities may include marketing, negotiating contracts, budgeting, financial management, schedule coordination and resources allocation.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with fifteen years experience since Bachelor's or fourteen years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 20+ years of experience.
- Concrete segmental design experience a plus.
- Steel Bridge Design experience a plus.
- Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees. May be eligible for project management training.
P.E. license is required. P.E. license in the state of Florida is preferred.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf