Senior Building Surveyor - London or Epsom
Senior Building Surveyor - London or Epsom
Atkins have a vacancy for a Senior Building Surveyor to work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveying duties. The role can be based from either our London (Nova North) or Epsom offices with working from home also available. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high profile public and private sector clients.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team, and who has experience in managing client relationships and enjoys variety across all areas of Building Surveying, and who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
As well as technical competence, we are looking for a Building Surveyor who has strong commercial awareness and who can inspire clients and mentor junior colleagues with their client relationship and communication skills.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor with post qualification experience, to develop their career within a forward-thinking organisation.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors, managing and providing a range of Building Surveying / project management duties.
- Assisting with the development of new and repeat business across all sectors.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis.
- Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business, and you’ll also be involved with the following:
Project management and contract administration duties for larger projects.
Due diligence, Condition and measured surveys.
Designing and leading small to medium sized construction projects.
Professional services eg Party Walls, asset management, statutory applications
- The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Framework management –deliver commissions under framework agreements.
- Experience in sectors that includes: education, local authorities, health care, central government and infrastructure projects.
- Defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
- Understand the principles of quality, health, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Contribute to the growth of Atkins by identifying and developing real fee earning opportunities.
- BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree
- Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience.
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Prepared to travel as required.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
- Strong IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Candidates should be able to produce, edit and format documents.
- Strong ability in the use of AutoCAD and NBS, and experience Revit would be an advantage.
- Understanding of BIM level 2
- Ability to manage and develop team members including mentoring of APC graduates.
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations
- Comply with all legal, professional and corporate compliances for all work carried out.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs