Senior Business Case Specialist
Senior Business Case Specialist
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life. "
Based in the South West and Wales region served by the Cardiff and Bristol offices, we are looking for Senior Transport Business Case Specialists to join our Economics & Business Case technical discipline within the Transport Planning practice. The role is for leading the development of business cases, with specific emphasis on Strategic, Management and Commercial cases; and undertaking appraisal for a wide range of transport and development projects.
The successful candidate will be contributing to shaping and growing a high performing, dynamic team, working seamlessly across our national business. Alongside the personal growth there will be increased opportunity to get closer to and understand key clients in this field.
We support agile working and offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the leading edge of our industry. You will join our team of talented individuals with experience in a wide range of areas surrounding business case development and transport economics including public transport, active travel and technology-based investment cases, application of the relevant guidance and alternative assessment, and research on its evidence base.
Successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following:-
- Experience of DfT’s TAG and Welsh Government’s WelTAG are essential.
- Experience of developing business cases in line with HM Treasury’s Green Book, Highways England Project Control Framework, and Network Rail GRIP/PACE processes are desirable.
- Experience of using a range of different analytical approaches and economic tools.
- Able to contribute to the technical capability in emerging trends in the area of Economics and Business Case.
- Experience in developing funding applications to support and secure investment for local bodies.
- Able to manage medium/large independent projects or workstreams within larger projects.
- Able to contribute effectively to proposals.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to present complex analysis to non-specialist audience.
- Help mentor and supervise junior colleagues.
Successful candidates will have, commensurate with their level of experience:-
- Excellent communication with strong report writing capability.
- Ability to work under pressure and proven success in meeting deadlines.
- A relevant planning, economics, engineering degree or similar.
- Confident team worker with ability to work independently.
- Experience of working to time and budget constraints.
- Membership of a relevant professional institute.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Now part of the SNC-Lavalin group, Atkins UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented transport
Now part of the SNC-Lavalin group, Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented transpor
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs