Senior Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Senior Bid Manager for our North and Ireland region, based in our Newcastle and Stockton office. This role will support the North East Offices in terms of business development, co-ordinating and leading our bid submissions and supporting the wider North and Ireland business.
The Senior Bid Manager will report to the Directors of the North East offices. This is an excellent development opportunity for a candidate experienced in bidding and business development looking for more responsibility. It also provides an opportunity to work alongside a client development team and be involved in blue sheet and some goldsheet sessions. Strong communication and project management/organisational skills are essential as is the ability to work autonomously at times and manage your own workload.
As part of a FTSE 250 company (WS Atkins plc) with over 18,000 staff worldwide, there is endless opportunity to learn and develop your career. We are regularly in the Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for and Top 50 Employers for Women.
Market Engagement comprising -
- Developing, facilitating and updating (supporting the Stockton and Newcastle office leads) overarching regional plan setting out five-year strategy and ‘big moves’ actions on growth
- Develop marketing and communications plan to support local plan(s) objectives, including developing value propositions and promoting Faithful+Gould in the market place (twinning with Atkins where necessary); marketing, industry conferences, awards, thought leadership, etc
Client Engagement comprising -
- Drive and facilitate Key Account Management (Gold Sheet) approach to allow each market/client lead and their teams to build strategic relationships with target clients to gain a strong understanding of their current and future issues (including 90-Day Reviews)
- Engage with clients to understand their needs
- Secure new or existing client feedback on our performance on existing projects
- Capture Planning
- Drive and facilitate Pursuit Plan (Blue Sheet) approach (where applicable) to allow each market/client lead and their teams to build strategic relationships with clients to positively pre-position ourselves for key (strategic) opportunities (including monthly reviews).
- Develop opportunity campaign plan to positively pre-position ourselves for key (strategic) opportunities
- Create targeted thought-leadership aligned with opportunity and publish strategically
- Create targeted project profiles aligned with opportunity and publish strategically
Bid documentation comprising -
- Prepare bid documentation such as pre-qualification and tender documents, presentation material and collate technical input where required
- Draft responses for non-technical content as required
- Lead and manage strategically significant bids, managing the bid team across the region and potentially outside of region
- Oversee and Manage all elements of the bidding process from collecting and maintaining up-to-date experience, client references and testimonials to co-ordinating win/launch sessions, producing best practice responses and maintaining oversight of all bid related activity
- Management of bid data in CRM, including tracking and reporting on wins and losses
- Support and identify the creation of new bid materials, in particular bid style, template and visuals
- Respond to ad-hoc marketing queries and requests for information
- Assist with writing news and internal publication articles where related to win work
- Minimum 3+ years experience of leading on business/proposal development activities preferably within construction, consultancy, engineering or technology sectors
- Strong project management skills – ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Collaborative approach and experience of promoting a culture of success across work winning teams.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and engage across a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation
- Ability to work collaboratively with bidding and work-winning teams to create compelling proposals that respond to Client requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload effectively
- Graduate in a relevant discipline (Marketing or Business)
- Strong computer literacy, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook packages
- Adobe InDesign experience desirable
- Knowledge of CRM is desirable but not essential
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs